Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2014, 10:07 PM
Cult Addict

I suppose Michael had a good point earlier that it may seem like Arrow are putting out less of the type of stuff they used to, when in fact it may just be that they are putting out a lot more titles overall.
Old 21st December 2014, 06:57 AM
Cult Addict

Shame Arrow can't cut a deal with Synapse for those forthcoming prints of popcorn, tenebrae, phenomena and Suspiria. Fair enough fans might rage at a third Tenebrae release but if it ups the quality over the previous one from the french blu, then fair enough. Especially if like demons the discs are region locked. Hell, Arrow could even re-issue Demons.
PaulD likes this.
Old 21st December 2014, 07:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Shame Arrow can't cut a deal with Synapse for those forthcoming prints of popcorn, tenebrae, phenomena and Suspiria. Fair enough fans might rage at a third Tenebrae release but if it ups the quality over the previous one from the french blu, then fair enough. Especially if like demons the discs are region locked. Hell, Arrow could even re-issue Demons.
I don't think Tenebrae will be much better than the remastered Arrow disc. Synapse will be using the same French master. Suspiria and Phenomena will be the defenitive releases for sure.
Old 21st December 2014, 09:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Rollerball? Damn... regret buying the Twilight Time release now.
Old 22nd December 2014, 04:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I suppose Michael had a good point earlier that it may seem like Arrow are putting out less of the type of stuff they used to, when in fact it may just be that they are putting out a lot more titles overall.
To back this up, it seems that there were more Arrow Video titles released in 2013 and 2014 (average 30+ per year) than there were in the entire 2009-2012 period combined (average 15 per year).

And that's not counting Arrow Academy or Arrowdrome.

And I suspect even once you eliminate Arrow Video titles that you don't regard as being sufficiently "cult", you'll still end up with at least fifteen per year.

For instance, 2014 saw Hellgate, Hell Comes to Frogtown, Cheeky, Frivolous Lola, Blind Woman's Curse, The Stuff, Pit Stop, Sisters, The Beast Within, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Shivers, The Visitor, Stray Cat Rock, Mark of the Devil, Rabid Dogs and Nekromantik, all of which I'd argue are squarely in line with what people have been calling for here. And that's leaving out all Arrow Academy titles, even though The Beast would have fitted perfectly into the Arrow Video lineup as well.

Last edited by Michael Brooke; 22nd December 2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 27th December 2014, 07:42 PM
Cult Addict

What's the chances of Arrow looking into the films of Renato Polselli?
Old 29th December 2014, 10:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Zavvi exclusive steelbooks are now on sale for £7.99 each!

You get additional 10% off with this code: DVDBR10
Old 29th December 2014, 10:48 PM
Cult Addict

Seems the first negative reviews for THE BURBS have popped up on AMAZON complaining about the grain. Looks like they can't win. DNR the title and get complaints, hire a professional like James white to properly restore it and get complaints!
Sobral likes this.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Seems the first negative reviews for THE BURBS have popped up on AMAZON complaining about the grain. Looks like they can't win. DNR the title and get complaints, hire a professional like James white to properly restore it and get complaints!
I just watched it today and was admiring all the lovely grain. One of their best transfers in my opinion.
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th December 2014, 11:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
I just watched it today and was admiring all the lovely grain. One of their best transfers in my opinion.
Someone on there is rattling on about the old HDTV version, and that the grain is artificial. Hard to believe since I've noticed similar in the French Tenebrae print, Gremlins, Texas chainsaw 4k restoration... but what are you going to do at the end of the day. I've had a copy of Burbs on my shelf since the days of VHS and I'm mightily impressed by the release.
VeZius likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!