Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2015, 07:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
looks like I'll be saving some money come April.
So will I, as I'll be buying them in the end of year sale most likely!
Old 15th January 2015, 08:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE will be mine!
Old 15th January 2015, 10:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
So will I, as I'll be buying them in the end of year sale most likely!
i dont think arrow would be too happy but their sales kind of cry out "not desperate for a title?, dont worry wait a few months it'll be dirt cheap, hey put that back on the shelf or you'll feel foolish when 3 months later it's in a 3 for 20 quid deal" not that i am complaing mind
Old 15th January 2015, 11:10 PM
Cult Addict

I nearly always wait for their sales now. Only titles i buy straight away are the very limited ones. And even then rarely from them direct if there's an alternative. Hell even Amazon are cheaper on most of Arrows forthcoming titles.
Old 16th January 2015, 10:28 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I nearly always wait for their sales now. Only titles i buy straight away are the very limited ones. And even then rarely from them direct if there's an alternative. Hell even Amazon are cheaper on most of Arrows forthcoming titles.
I'm the same - I tend to only pre-order the limited titles that I'm interested in (Stray Cat Rock, Nekromantik, Thief etc.), and have pre-ordered B&BL steelbook and Massacre Gun. Any other titles can wait for a sale - especially with sites like Amazon and Zavvi also now discounting Arrow titles more frequently.

It provides me with a bit of a backlog, but it's not as if I haven't got plenty of other things to watch in the interim.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 16th January 2015, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

So Massacre Gun is limited to 3,000 copies worldwide (ArrowVideo and ArrowVideo USA)? Or 3,000 for each territory? Perhaps if it's 3,000 worldwide, they're using the same stock for both territories and are just sticking BBFC certificate stickers on the cellophane for UK orders. It could explain why it's store exclusive. Or would they need certificates on the actual discs anyway? Perhaps it's just a way to manage stock, I can't imagine it would be easy to assign stock when they don't really have an idea of potential demand in one territory?

Or is it 3,000 for each territory and I'm just reading it wrong? Either way I think I shall get my order in.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th January 2015, 10:34 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
So Massacre Gun is limited to 3,000 copies worldwide (ArrowVideo and ArrowVideo USA)? Or 3,000 for each territory? Perhaps if it's 3,000 worldwide, they're using the same stock for both territories and are just sticking BBFC certificate stickers on the cellophane for UK orders. It could explain why it's store exclusive. Or would they need certificates on the actual discs anyway? Perhaps it's just a way to manage stock, I can't imagine it would be easy to assign stock when they don't really have an idea of potential demand in one territory?

Or is it 3,000 for each territory and I'm just reading it wrong? Either way I think I shall get my order in.
My understanding is that it will be 3000 for each territory.

However, Arrow don't have a US shop set up yet, so the US stock will be allocated to Amazon and various other US retailers.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th January 2015, 10:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
My understanding is that it will be 3000 for each territory.
Yeah, I just noticed a couple of people said the same on another forum. I did look on Facebook, but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned.
Old 16th January 2015, 10:57 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Not too fussed on the Steelbook artwork for Blood and Black Lace. Needs the title on the front. Amaray for me i think, is it only the Steely that's a store exclusive anyone know?

Yep, if there's one (of many) of my pet hates, it's steelbooks with no title on the front. Amaray for me too. Looks like Amazon have the reverse for the amaray up on the site.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421405870.215704.jpg
Mojo, PaulD, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 16th January 2015, 11:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Steelbook does have the title on the front. In gloss by the look of it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!