Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

PaulD 20th January 2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 432270)
Got the Amray of Tenebrae last week, just seen on Arrows FB page it contains some brand new extras, are these the same ones included with the remastered Steelbook?

Yeah they're the same. They're only 'new' compared to the original slipbox/poop-transfer release

J Harker 20th January 2015 02:12 PM

I think its the same disc. Just standard packaging.

Rik 20th January 2015 02:34 PM

I hope so, I'm not buying it again just for new extras! :lol:

dustdevil 20th January 2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 431864)
And you'd have thought that the detailed explanation in the booklet as well as an extra that presented the flashback footage before the bleach-bypass treatment had been applied would have made it clear beyond any possible doubt that those sequences were supposed to look like that - but it seems not.

I know people that never watch any of the extras or read the booklet - they just want the "best quality picture and sound". So I guess that could explain some ignorance.

Quote:

The basic problem is that some people are so obsessed with the notion that "high definition" means "a pristinely crystal-clear image" that they can't get their heads around the fact that some films have always looked rather different from their conception of what's "ideal". But I'm afraid that's just tough.
Think that's me I find grain annoying :lol:

In my defense though it's hard to tell if any appearance of grain is supposed to be there or if it's a bad source material issue ( talking in general not just Arrow )

sjconstable 20th January 2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustdevil (Post 432368)
Think that's me I find grain annoying :lol:

In my defense though it's hard to tell if any appearance of grain is supposed to be there or if it's a bad source material issue ( talking in general not just Arrow )

...or more likely your TV not being calibrated properly and it's pushing the grain to the forefront.

Susan Foreman 21st January 2015 04:26 PM

Arrow films - The Video Deck: The Best of 2014 - The Results!

Rik 21st January 2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 432512)

What has this to do with TV calibration? :lol:

J Harker 21st January 2015 04:35 PM

Nothing. That's clearly been put in the wrong thread! 😉

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2015 06:16 PM

Arrow got any RABID stock in yet?

JAMIOUSE 21st January 2015 07:15 PM

Change of subject but it's tied to the earlier question of Rabid been in stock. Why do Amazon seem to get stock of Arrow releases a day or two after their releases? Over the past few months Amazon haven't got their stock until Tuesday or sometimes Wednesdays. Zavvi well, never pre-order from Zavvi.