Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th January 2015 09:04 PM

3 bloody screens about Arrow's restoration of Withnail & I before the film starts. I know you can press the next chapter on the remote to go past it, but still, I shouldn't have to do that every time I watch the film. It's like the bad old days when Arrow insisted in tacking the small intro to the beginning of the films, before people complained and they changed it to play with/without intro. Rant over!

tele1962 30th January 2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 433955)
3 bloody screens about Arrow's restoration of Withnail & I before the film starts. I know you can press the next chapter on the remote to go past it, but still, I shouldn't have to do that every time I watch the film. It's like the bad old days when Arrow insisted in tacking the small intro to the beginning of the films, before people complained and they changed it to play with/without intro. Rant over!

I like that stuff. :fear:

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th January 2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 433956)

It's interesting, but I'd like the option of not having it every time I press play film.

MacBlayne 30th January 2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 433956)

Same here. :behindsofa:

keirarts 31st January 2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 433955)

Probably just Arrow making sure no one rants on Amazon about the 'noise' and how it must be artificial as it wasn't there when they went to see the film back on the 80's and it isn't on there old Blu-ray. ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st January 2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 433997)
Probably just Arrow making sure no one rants on Amazon about the 'noise' and how it must be artificial as it wasn't there when they went to see the film back on the 80's and it isn't on there old Blu-ray. ;)

I suppose it could be worse, it could be unskippable and everyone would be ranting :lol:

keirarts 31st January 2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 433999)
I suppose it could be worse, it could be unskippable and everyone would be ranting :lol:

Including me!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st January 2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 433959)
It's interesting, but I'd like the option of not having it every time I press play film.

The same goes for an introduction by director, actor, producer etc – it should be an extra which can be optionally played, not something which plays automatically when you select the film.

Gold6082 31st January 2015 09:43 AM

Are arrow likely to get madhouse to add to the price releases?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th February 2015 07:38 PM

RABID has left the building! :woot::woot::woot: