Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th February 2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim (Post 435529)
If they are doing Bava it has to be La Venere d'Ille, the only officially credited film of his not already on a good looking release.

Doubtful we'll ever see this one - after all it is a TV episode from I giochi del diavolo! ;)

plasterface 11th February 2015 09:29 PM

new releases

Was I dreaming but are'nt arrow releasing bride of re-animator and society? been a while since they got a mention, unless i did dream

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th February 2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 435535)
Was I dreaming but are'nt arrow releasing bride of re-animator and society? been a while since they got a mention, unless i did dream

No, you're right - they will be releasing them both at some stage.

R-T-C Tim 11th February 2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 435532)
That's what i thought. Tim threw me by saying it had a good looking release or words to that effect.

Sorry, I forgot that Bava actually had a direction credit there, thought he just did special effects.

According to Tim Lucas, every Italian movie filmed in the 1950s and 60s was actually directed by Bava so it does confuse me at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 435533)
Doubtful we'll ever see this one - after all it is a TV episode from I giochi del diavolo! ;)

True, but then Lucio Fulci's 'House of Clocks' and Lamberto Bava's 'Dinner With a Vampire' were both TV episodes and are available on DVD.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th February 2015 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim (Post 435545)
True, but then Lucio Fulci's 'House of Clocks' and Lamberto Bava's 'Dinner With a Vampire' were both TV episodes and are available on DVD.

I think they were more TV films than episodes as such. I could see La Venere d'Ille maybe appearing as an extra at best.

fuzzymctiger 12th February 2015 03:18 PM

May releases:

Bob Hoskins limited 6 disc set
Long Good Friday steelbook
The Train academy release
Society US/UK
Retaliation US/UK
And ISLAND OF DEATH US/UK HOLY SHIT

Am extremely excited about this news, which is also rather promising for other Arrow DVD titles. Can't wait to have it on blu ray, but shame it's new artwork is being done by Graham Humphreys, as I thought Rick Melton's original artwork suited the film wonderfully.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2015 03:22 PM

The General Arrow Discussion Thread

Society, Island Of Death & Society for me. I'll get the Hoskins films later when they're released in amarays. Not fussed about missing any of the extras.

keirarts 12th February 2015 03:25 PM

Nice to see SOCIETY with the original VHS art. Nice to see ISLAND OF DEATH too, bit of goat shagging in HD!:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th February 2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 435570)
Nice to see SOCIETY with the original VHS art. Nice to see ISLAND OF DEATH too, bit of goat shagging in HD!:lol:

The dvd print was excellent so it was a film primed for a hi-def release.

When you think back in the day the only time i saw Island was as a blurry, bleached out mess.

PaulD 12th February 2015 03:30 PM

Island of Death in HD was a true surprise! I'm all over that!