Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

plasterface 16th February 2015 06:12 PM

saw

I think every cex in the country has a few texas 2 boxsets in them

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th February 2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 436170)
I think every cex in the country has a few texas 2 boxsets in them

From all those blind buyers not aware of what a shite film it is no doubt. ;)

plasterface 16th February 2015 06:22 PM

saw 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 436172)
From all those blind buyers not aware of what a shite film it is no doubt. ;)

I own it but only for the other hooper films included, always thought the film was a travesty myself , Yet it has a massive cult reputation.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th February 2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 436173)
I own it but only for the other hooper films included, always thought the film was a travesty myself , Yet it has a massive cult reputation.

For being shit. :p

Arrow have and will continue to release some truly great films.

Texas 2 however, is not one of them.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th February 2015 07:11 PM

However,it's a must have package for any serious horror collector.

ANY sequel to the original TCM was going to come up short.
Even if God himself had directed the ****ing thing.;)

Anyway,RABID and THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE look phenomenal,as does WITHNAIL AND I.

Couldn't believe how much they've cleaned up Rabid.

I watched the old Metrodome dvd just over a year ago and it looked very shoddy indeed.

That's twice I've watched Withnail in the last 3 months,some of Grant's patter is class.:cool:

Prince_Vajda 16th February 2015 07:27 PM

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 is no cinematic masterpiece, and most certainly not to everybody's taste.

As for me, I still think it is pretty entertaining and has quite a few funny scenes - something I cannot say about the overrated Re-Animator and the abysmal The Return of the Living Dead, both well-loved by many Cult Labs members. Tastes differ.

Hawkmonger 16th February 2015 07:47 PM

I enjoy all three. I'm a fool! A callous fool!

fuzzymctiger 16th February 2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 436187)
I enjoy all three. I'm a fool! A callous fool!

I'm the same, I can't believe I'm watching not one, not two? But there's of my favourite horror movies get shit on! :eek:

nosferatu42 16th February 2015 08:42 PM

I like them all too, Return of the living dead the most, then Re-animator and lastly Texas 2, Texas is fantastic mainly for Dennis Hopper's scenery chewing.:nod::pop2:

shel 16th February 2015 08:52 PM

TCM3 is bloody great IMO. It's the only TCM sequel anyone need bother with, it's extremely well shot, well cast and everyone seems to be having a blast, moody and weird without being as oppressive yet evocative of the original without repeating it. Underrated.

TCM2 is dire. Every second with the metalhead onscreen makes me want turn it off. I'll give it to Hooper that he made it a gruelling experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 436182)
As for me, I still think it is pretty entertaining and has quite a few funny scenes - something I cannot say about the overrated Re-Animator and the abysmal The Return of the Living Dead, both well-loved by many Cult Labs members. Tastes differ.

Never heard any horror fan say they dislike either of those classics. Its like a scifi fan saying Star Wars and Blade Runner is a bit meh.