Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 31st March 2015 10:59 PM

"Fans of 80s slasher flicks! Tomorrow we'll announce a surprise title destined for our upcoming US/UK slate. Tail end of the slasher Golden Age. First time on Blu-ray (or legitimate DVD, for that matter) ever in the world. Place bets now!"

Let the guessing begin!

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 442352)
"Fans of 80s slasher flicks! Tomorrow we'll announce a surprise title destined for our upcoming US/UK slate. Tail end of the slasher Golden Age. First time on Blu-ray (or legitimate DVD, for that matter) ever in the world. Place bets now!"

Let the guessing begin!

That sounds very interesting. That's the sort of release i like - new to any format. :nod:

fuzzymctiger 31st March 2015 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 442352)

Let the guessing begin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 442353)
That sounds very interesting. That's the sort of release i like - new to any format. :nod:

Fairly sure it's The Mutilator they're hinting to, as The Mutilator Facebook page said Arrow are releasing it, so did the director. The artwork posted, the borders also match a cropped version of the poster. It has received DVD's before, but never official. But...

Seems very odd the timing. Tomorrow is April Fools Day in the UK to my understanding, the timing is even more strange when you consider that their July announcements are April 3rd, only two days later...

Susan Foreman 31st March 2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 442356)
Fairly sure it's The Mutilator they're hinting to, as The Mutilator Facebook page said Arrow are releasing it, so did the director. The artwork posted, the borders also match a cropped version of the poster. It has received DVD's before, but never official. But...

Seems very odd the timing. Tomorrow is April Fools Day in the UK to my understanding, the timing is even more strange when you consider that their July announcements are April 3rd, only two days later...

Don't forget that 'The Incredible Melting Man' was announced on April 1st, and many people thought that was nothing more than an amusing jape...until it was actually released!

Rik 1st April 2015 08:12 AM

Arrows April Fools Day joke will be an announcement that a release date will be met and it won't be a **** up

Susan Foreman 1st April 2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 442362)
Arrows April Fools Day joke will be an announcement that a release date will be met and it won't be a **** up

Nah - too obvious

No one would fall for that!

Nordicdusk 1st April 2015 08:24 AM

People still do April fools :rolleyes:

fuzzymctiger 1st April 2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 442362)

I really hope it's that, because if it's anything like The Incredible Melting Man, it'll end up becoming true! :pound:

Michael Brooke 1st April 2015 08:37 AM

...and it also started shipping early, if I remember rightly.

(Which happens a fair bit more often than the Arrow-bashers make out, incidentally...)

Susan Foreman 1st April 2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 442366)
...and it also started shipping early, if I remember rightly.

(Which happens a fair bit more often than the Arrow-bashers make out, incidentally...)

All joking aside, Arrow Films are still my favourite company