Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Eh?
I don't see why Arrow need to get into the slasher market aswell if 88 and Scream are already doing it, we need a bit of variety and them to release other obscure films that have never got a decent release like The House That Screamed

The only two slashers I would be interested in seeing them release would be The Prowler and Alone In The Dark.
loki666 likes this.
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
I don't see why Arrow need to get into the slasher market aswell if 88 and Scream are already doing it, we need a bit of variety and them to release other obscure films that have never got a decent release like The House That Screamed

The only two slashers I would be interested in seeing them release would be The Prowler and Alone In The Dark.
Arrow can certainly get in the market for all I care if they the funds and regions to be able to get and restore stuff like Blood Rage and The Mutilator!

Let's be honest here, 88 Films are doing a good job, but don't exactly have massive funds for restorations or big pick ups, and Scream are pretty much dead to me, they're a MGM bottom of the barrel sub label now.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 2nd April 2015, 01:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Arrow can certainly get in the market for all I care if they the funds and regions to be able to get and restore stuff like Blood Rage and The Mutilator!

Let's be honest here, 88 Films are doing a good job, but don't exactly have massive funds for restorations or big pick ups, and Scream are pretty much dead to me, they're a MGM bottom of the barrel sub label now.

It's going to take a shit load of money to get a decent restoration for The Mutilator as far as I'm led to believe, so expect some silly unnecessary extravagent £50 set for them to get any money back. Good luck to them, they'd need it!
Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Looks like Arrow announced Eaten Alive as a new release! It's not the best movie but i always had a soft spot for it i will add that to my want list.

Here are the specs.

UK Release Date: 27th July 2015
Region: A+B/1+2
Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
Directed by: Tobe Hooper

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 2K transfer from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with co-writer and producer Mardi Rustam, make-up artist Craig Reardon and stars Roberta Collins, William Finley and Kyle Richards
- New introduction to the film by director Tobe Hooper
- Brand new interview with Hooper
- My Name is Buck: Star Robert Englund discusses his acting career
- The Butcher of Elmendorf: The Legend of Joe Ball – The story of the South Texas bar owner on whom Eaten Alive is loosely based
- 5ive Minutes with Marilyn Burns – The star of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre talks about working on Eaten Alive
- The Gator Creator: archival interview with Hooper
- Original theatrical trailers for the film under its various titles Eaten Alive, Death Trap, Starlight Slaughter and Horror Hotel
- US TV and Radio Spots
- Alternate credits sequence
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- More to be announced!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CBmJpSJWIAAbgxl.jpg (76.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:22 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice artwork for Buckaroo Banzai.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427988113.571994.jpg
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Looks like Arrow announced Eaten Alive as a new release! It's not the best movie but i always had a soft spot for it i will add that to my want list.

Here are the specs.

UK Release Date: 27th July 2015
Region: A+B/1+2
Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
Directed by: Tobe Hooper

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 2K transfer from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with co-writer and producer Mardi Rustam, make-up artist Craig Reardon and stars Roberta Collins, William Finley and Kyle Richards
- New introduction to the film by director Tobe Hooper
- Brand new interview with Hooper
- My Name is Buck: Star Robert Englund discusses his acting career
- The Butcher of Elmendorf: The Legend of Joe Ball – The story of the South Texas bar owner on whom Eaten Alive is loosely based
- 5ive Minutes with Marilyn Burns – The star of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre talks about working on Eaten Alive
- The Gator Creator: archival interview with Hooper
- Original theatrical trailers for the film under its various titles Eaten Alive, Death Trap, Starlight Slaughter and Horror Hotel
- US TV and Radio Spots
- Alternate credits sequence
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- More to be announced!
5 mins

Most Relevant
Marco Fritz, Andrew Hawe, Jason Werner and 65 others like this.
1 share

Christopher James Wigfield Love the art work
1 · 3 minutes ago
Matthew Caldwell Best out of the bunch!
1 · 4 minutes ago
Steven Awalt Very curious to see what kind of clean-up has been done on the film. I've never seen anything but dodgy transfers over the years. Then again, I suppose that contributes to the skeevy appeal(?) of the film.
about a minute ago
Joe Graciano I must paint you!
3 minutes ago
Graeme Irvine Was just looking into buying a copy of this. Now I'll wait. Great stuff.
3 minutes ago
Steve Ford GET IN!!!!
3 minutes ago
Aaron Masters The artwork is considerably better than the film.
A few seconds ago
Mark Lawrence great cover
2 minutes ago
Fergus Burke Definite purchase.
4 minutes ago
Ziggy Ilikeham Nolan Beautiful cover
about a minute ago
Not keen on the cover, but I'll be buying this, only title announced I'm interested in (shocker) from this announcement
mark meakin, Vipp and Boo Radley like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

3 Women is the highlight for me!

I've been meaning to pick up the Criterion release, but now Arrow is releasing it I won't have to.
Vipp likes this.
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:28 PM
Cult Master

"So it is time for us to reveal our July slate! First up, coming to the UK - Mona Lisa!

Release Date: 6th July 2015
Region: B
Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Bob Hoskins, Cathy Tyson, Michael Caine
Directed by: Neil Jordan

Five years after The Long Good Friday, Bob Hoskins returned to the gangster genre, but his character George is a mere underling this time, a chauffeur hired by a mesmerisingly slimy gangland kingpin (Michael Caine) to transport a high-class prostitute (Cathy Tyson) from client to client. When she enlists his help in tracking down an old friend, George finds himself exploring a hellish underworld that he never imagined existed.

Hoskins’ immensely complex, subtle and moving performance hoovered up almost every Best Actor award going (Cannes, a BAFTA, a Golden Globe) and remains one of his greatest roles - a man sucked by circumstance into a life of crime but still righteous enough to seize the opportunity to do good when it presents itself.

Director Neil Jordan (The Company of Wolves, The Crying Game) and co-writer David Leland (Made in Britain) achieve a perfect blend of hard-edged realism and unexpected fantasy, with the regular appearance of the Nat King Cole title song turning seedy British locations (Soho, Brighton) into something far more romantically evocative.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- Brand new restoration sourced from the original camera negative, approved by director Neil Jordan and cinematographer Roger Pratt
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 sound
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by Bob Hoskins and Neil Jordan
- Brand new interviews with director Neil Jordan, writer David Leland and producer Stephen Woolley
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Mike Sutton, illustrated with original production stills"
VeZius likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd April 2015, 03:29 PM
Cult Master

Next up, 3 Women!

Release Date: 13th July 2015
Starring: Shelley Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Janice Rule
Directed by: Robert Altman

Maverick filmmaker Robert Altman continued a stunning run of celebrated work that included McCabe and Mrs Miller, The Long Goodbye and Nashville with 3 Women, a dreamy masterpiece that would fend off the titanic Star Wars as Roger Ebert’s best film of 1977.

In a California resort town shy and impressionable Pinky (Sissy Spacey, Badlands, Carrie) strikes up a friendship with her fellow nurse ‘Thoroughly Modern’ Millie (Shelley Duvall, Nashville, Thieves Like Us). As the two spend more time together Pinky becomes dependent on Millie, adopting aspects of her personality and appearance, things take an unusual and darker turn as Pinky discovers Millie with a man, a local bar owner whose wife forms the third of the title’s three women.

Based on a series of dreams and influenced by Ingmar Bergman’s Persona, Robert Altman famously cut the deal for 3 Women with 20th Century Fox in a matter of minutes and the remarkable faith of the studio would produce one of the most striking works of the period.

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- New video interview with David Thompson, editor of 'Altman on Altman' and producer of the BBC’s 'Robert Altman in England'
- Archive interview with Shelley Duvall from the Cannes Film Festival - The actress describes working with Altman, his methods and how she started acting
- Galleries featuring behind-the-scenes photos, the Cannes Film Festival press conference and promotional images
- Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh
- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic David Jenkins and excerpts from Altman on Altman, illustrated with original stills
VeZius likes this.

Old 2nd April 2015, 03:30 PM
Cult Master

And the last of July's UK-only releases - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!

Release Date: 20th July 2015
Starring: Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin
Directed by: W.D. Richter

YOUR ONLY HOPE IS BUCKAROO BANZAI

From the writer of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Big Trouble in Little China comes a pop-sci-fi adventure that defies convention and went on to become one of the cult hits of the 80s.

Peter Weller is Buckaroo Banzai, a physicist-neurosurgeon-martial arts master-secret agent-rock star who has just made history with his invention, the Oscillation Overthruster. The Overthruster allows him to travel to the 8th Dimension, but this feat draws the attention of the Red Lectroids, an alien race (led by Christopher Lloyd) who have teamed up with Banzai’s nemesis, the deranged Dr Lizardo (John Lithgow). Lizardo and the Red Lectroids are seeking the Overthruster to take over the world and Banzai, with his team of agents/band musicians, The Hong Kong Cavaliers, must stop them before it’s too late!

With strong references to sci-fi and pop culture that span Thomas Pynchon and Orson Welles, Buckaroo Banzai is a film made by fans for fans and counts filmmakers including Wes Anderson and Kevin Smith among its admirers.

- High Definition Digital transfer of the film from original elements by MGM
- 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Audio commentary with writer-director W.D. Richter and Reno (writer Earl Mac Rauch)
- Q&A with stars Peter Weller and John Lithgow moderated by filmmaker Kevin Smith, filmed at Lincoln Center, New York
- Buckaroo Banzai Declassified - An original featurette on the making of the film featuring W.D. Richter, stars Peter Weller, Ellen Barkin, John Lithgow and more!
- Visual essay by critic and author Matt Zoller Seitz
- Alternate opening featuring Jamie Lee Curtis
- Closing sequence
- Deleted scenes, featuring fourteen scenes from the workprint
- New Jet Car Trailer and Teaser Trailer
- Gallery
- Trivia track by Pinky Carruthers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic James Oliver, illustrated with original stills
VeZius likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!