All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default buckaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't see how Buckaroo Banzai could be called 'overrated' when it is so little known.
i don't see how it can be called little known :P when i 've heard sci-fi fans banging on about it for years. marvel even did a comic adaptation. It has a cult following but find it tedious myself despite having a John Lithgow and Christopher Lloyd as bad guys in it.
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
It was on UK Netflix until recently. I think it is one of those films of a certain time and place. I can't imagine it winning a whole new audience with this release.
I didn't know it was on Netflix – it's probably had more exposure than I realised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
i don't see how it can be called little known :P when i 've heard sci-fi fans banging on about it for years. marvel even did a comic adaptation. It has a cult following but find it tedious myself despite having a John Lithgow and Christopher Lloyd as bad guys in it.
It's far from mainstream and about as cult as something like Withnail and I due to being a relatively small film with a small, but devoted fan base.
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default withnail

Quote:
I didn't know it was on Netflix – it's probably had more exposure than I realised.

It's far from mainstream and about as cult as something like Withnail and I due to being a relatively small film with a small, but devoted fan base.
who has'nt heard of withnail and i? ok buckaroo may not be mainstream but in cult film circles cant imagine people not having heard of it especially with that title. Been hearing about people go on about it for years, so yes with in cult circles i do find it overrated.
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
who has'nt heard of withnail and i? ok buckaroo may not be mainstream but in cult film circles cant imagine people not having heard of it especially with that title. Been hearing about people go on about it for years, so yes with in cult circles i do find it overrated.
Like I said, it is a cult film and I doubt the majority of people at a multiplex or shopping in HMV would have heard of it, let alone seen it.

I've just on a search and it hasn't really been widely discussed here, though Baseball Fury suggested it as a budget ArrowDrome release back in 2011!
Old 4th April 2015, 05:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default buckaroo

Quote:
Like I said, it is a cult film and I doubt the majority of people at a multiplex or shopping in HMV would have heard of it, let alone seen it.

I've just on a search and it hasn't really been widely discussed here, though Baseball Fury suggested it as a budget ArrowDrome release back in 2011!
maybe not on the old labs, anyhoo i am not a fan but some people might like it
Old 8th April 2015, 10:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blood and Black Lace is just wow, I honesty never thought I'd see the film looking so pristine. I'll make a start on the extras tomorrow but it's a great release.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:00 AM
Cult Addict

Arrow just confirmed Videodrome over on the FB page. I already have the Criterion BD (the only Criterion release I own) but will be double dipping. A top 10 movie for me and Cronenbergs best!
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 10th April 2015, 09:01 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Blood and Black Lace is just wow, I honesty never thought I'd see the film looking so pristine. I'll make a start on the extras tomorrow but it's a great release.
Yes, I watched it over the weekend and was astounded at how good it looked - particularly in reference to the VCI DVD.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:03 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Arrow just confirmed Videodrome over on the FB page. I already have the Criterion BD (the only Criterion release I own) but will be double dipping. A top 10 movie for me and Cronenbergs best!
Strange how they're only just confirming it, as it has been known for a while now. Although it was originally leaked in error, they created a postcard for it which was found in releases a good few weeks ago now.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:11 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Strange how they're only just confirming it, as it has been known for a while now. Although it was originally leaked in error, they created a postcard for it which was found in releases a good few weeks ago now.
An official announcement does seem a bit unnecessary given that just about everyone knew they were releasing it. I'll wait for the specifications before deciding whether or not to buy it as the Criterion BD will take some beating.

Like this? Share it using the links below!