Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th April 2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 447062)
LONG GOOD FRIDAY STEELBOOK arrived today!:woot:

Pissed off at Arrow only releasing a delux boxset and a steelbook. Hopefully it'll get a standard case relesse when these eventually sell out.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th April 2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 447092)
Pissed off at Arrow only releasing a delux boxset and a steelbook. Hopefully it'll get a standard case relesse when these eventually sell out.

I don't really want the steelbook either and wish there was a keep case release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th April 2015 10:06 PM

There'll no doubt be an Amaray release shortly.

Mona Lisa is out June or July.....

Susan Foreman 29th April 2015 09:34 AM

"*** ISLAND OF DEATH FINAL SPECS ***

Here's the full line-up of our upcoming Island of Death dual-format release, containing hours upon hours of extras

• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative, approved by writer-director-producer Nico Mastorakis
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Exploring Island of Death – film historian Stephen Thrower on the making of a cult classic
• Return to Island of Death – Mastorakis returns to the original Mykonos locations
• Archive interview with Mastorakis
• Alternative opening titles
• Island Sounds – five original tracks from the Island of Death soundtrack
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• The Films of Nico Mastorakis – four-part documentary charting the director’s filmmaking career [Blu-ray only]
• Nico Mastorakis Trailer Reel [Blu-ray only]
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
• Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by academic and film historian Johnny Walker"

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th April 2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 447126)
"*** ISLAND OF DEATH FINAL SPECS ***

• Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by academic and film historian Johnny Walker"

I did my MA in International Film with Johnny at Newcastle University – it was good to see him at the Spaghetti Cinema Festival in Luton last year.

Susan Foreman 29th April 2015 04:38 PM

The Long Good Friday (Arrow Films Restoration) | Blu-Ray Review | Film @ The Digital Fix

Film 10
Video 10
Audio 8
Extras 8

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th April 2015 03:36 PM

Arrow announcement:

Quote:

Just 24 hours to go until we reveal our August line-up, so how about some teasers? Tomorrow’s announcement will involve nine directors, eleven features (spanning the years 1939 to 1987), two Arrow Academy releases, three US titles and plenty of horror!

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 447381)
Arrow announcement:

11 releases for August? Assuming nothing is a multi-film set. Never thought i'd say this, but they need to slow down. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 447382)
11 releases for August? Assuming nothing is a multi-film set. Never thought i'd say this, but they need to slow down. :lol:

11 releases? :happy:

That's the equivalent of 11 years Shameless releases...in just one month. ;)

:peep:

JAMIOUSE 30th April 2015 06:13 PM

11 is a huge amount, maybe their trying to clear the decks so they can concentrate on the dual region titles? 11 titles and 9 directors, hmm I wonder if the Bava Box is possibly coming?