Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:08 PM
Cult Addict

If the agreement is that Arrow cannot put the extras on the disc then they shouldn't. Surely Calum and the high rising folk would have a clear case of breach of contract?

As for the rights issues, well this was always going to be messy. It's one of the reasons I had a hard time understanding WHY Arrow were looking at doing it. Still, given the full James White restoration on Arrows release its going to be interesting to see how code reds compares.
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

HBO PAY PER VIEW AGRAN VS OLSEN

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (6.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (22.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (4.1 KB, 6 views)
Rik likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:03 PM
Cult Addict

Has anybody seen Dr Jeckyll yet? I Can't wait to see it, unfortunately my copy isn't arriving until next week.
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow US vs. Code Red:

lets just hope one of em doesn't fly off a cliff at the end,...
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Has anybody seen Dr Jeckyll yet? I Can't wait to see it, unfortunately my copy isn't arriving until next week.
I used to have the old pre-cert VHS. Heavily cut but I recall the film being a bit odd. Going to sit down and give it a go.
Old 3rd May 2015, 03:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If the agreement is that Arrow cannot put the extras on the disc then they shouldn't. Surely Calum and the high rising folk would have a clear case of breach of contract?

As for the rights issues, well this was always going to be messy. It's one of the reasons I had a hard time understanding WHY Arrow were looking at doing it. Still, given the full James White restoration on Arrows release its going to be interesting to see how code reds compares.
I am not a member of the Critereon forum but a couple of jerks who I presume do not understand nor care about the infamously exploitative nature of the media biz (you know, zero hours contracts and all that) have decided they know my own business so let me try and be crystal clear and shatter any egalitarian beliefs they have of working in this frequently cut throat and classist industry

1) I did contact Arrow about Pit Stop - including texting Alex Agran and I was ignored. My post on Facebook calmly and nicely stating they did not have the rights to use our Pit Stop stuff was deleted and I was blocked.

2) Despite what you may read online I am not a rich man and nor can I afford lawyers. Bringing this to public attention is the least I can do.

3) I am less concerned about any supposed "career suicide" than I am informing any others who may get a foot in the door of this industry to look after themselves. This happens. A lot.

It is very sad that, in the eyes of some, I seem to be the villain for defending the very rights under which I was employed. Let me put it this way, if someone writes a book and a UK publisher buys the rights for the UK it does not mean they can then exploit the US market without the prior consent of the author.

Get it?
Old 3rd May 2015, 03:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Oh ffs and now someone is saying I shouldn't say anything over region locking. In that case I clearly owe Arrow back the royalties they paid us for selling our Fulci stuff to Japan and Australia. After all, these were region free in the UK...
Old 3rd May 2015, 03:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I am not a member of the Critereon forum but a couple of jerks who I presume do not understand nor care about the infamously exploitative nature of the media biz (you know, zero hours contracts and all that) have decided they know my own business so let me try and be crystal clear and shatter any egalitarian beliefs they have of working in this frequently cut throat and classist industry

1) I did contact Arrow about Pit Stop - including texting Alex Agran and I was ignored. My post on Facebook calmly and nicely stating they did not have the rights to use our Pit Stop stuff was deleted and I was blocked.

2) Despite what you may read online I am not a rich man and nor can I afford lawyers. Bringing this to public attention is the least I can do.

3) I am less concerned about any supposed "career suicide" than I am informing any others who may get a foot in the door of this industry to look after themselves. This happens. A lot.

It is very sad that, in the eyes of some, I seem to be the villain for defending the very rights under which I was employed. Let me put it this way, if someone writes a book and a UK publisher buys the rights for the UK it does not mean they can then exploit the US market without the prior consent of the author.

Get it?
Isn't such practice more commonly known as intellectual property theft?
Old 3rd May 2015, 04:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I used to have the old pre-cert VHS. Heavily cut but I recall the film being a bit odd. Going to sit down and give it a go.
Nice one, K. I await with baited breath.
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
This will be mine!

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!!!
Do arrow take pre orders because wouldnt mind videodrome?

If so do we have to pay when ordering?

Never bought of there site.

Like this? Share it using the links below!