LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Do arrow take pre orders because wouldnt mind videodrome?

If so do we have to pay when ordering?

Never bought of there site.
You pay when you place the order, not on dispatch.
Old 5th May 2015, 07:22 AM
Cult Master

"Time to break into a song and dance routine - the final specs for The Happiness of the Katakuris are here!

· New High Definition digital film transfer by Shochiku Co.
· Presented in High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD
· Original uncompressed Stereo PCM audio
· Audio commentary by director Takashi Miike
· Audio commentary by Miike biographer Tom Mes
· Violent ‘til I Die: A brand new interview with Takashi Miike
· The Making of the Katakuris – An original documentary from the film’s production featuring interviews and behind-the-scenes footage with the cast and crew
· Interviews with the Katakuris cast members Kenji Sawada, Keiko Matsuzaka, Kiyoshiro Imawano, Shinji Takeda, Naomi Nishida, Tetsuro Tanba and Miike
· Animating the Katakuris – A look at the creation of the film’s stop motion effects with animation director Hideki Kimura and Miike
· Dogs, Pimps and Agitators – A visual essay on Miike’s career by Tom Mes
· Trailer and TV Spots
· Easter Egg
· Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
· Booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Johnny Mains; Stuart Galbraith IV on Katakuris’ star musicians Kenji Sawada and Kiyoshiro Imawano; Grady Hendrix on Katakuris and The Quiet Family, the film it remade; and a re-printed interview with Miike, illustrated with original stills"
SharonLynette likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th May 2015, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'll be having Videodrome, Nekromantik, Nightmare City, Eaten Alive and Madman. I haven't seen Blood Rage before so I'll probably do a bit of research on the flick before I consider buying it. What with these and all the other cool releases lined up by Arrow and 88 Films, I'm gonna be broke!
tele1962 likes this.
Old 5th May 2015, 02:42 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'll be having Videodrome, Nekromantik, Nightmare City, Eaten Alive and Madman. I haven't seen Blood Rage before so I'll probably do a bit of research on the flick before I consider buying it. What with these and all the other cool releases lined up by Arrow and 88 Films, I'm gonna be broke!
Like I keep saying these are good times to be a horror fan expensive times but good times non the less.
Vampix and Steel76 like this.
Old 5th May 2015, 07:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I like that new MADMAN artwork.Who designed that?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th May 2015, 07:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If the agreement is that Arrow cannot put the extras on the disc then they shouldn't. Surely Calum and the high rising folk would have a clear case of breach of contract?

As for the rights issues, well this was always going to be messy. It's one of the reasons I had a hard time understanding WHY Arrow were looking at doing it. Still, given the full James White restoration on Arrows release its going to be interesting to see how code reds compares.
Well lawyers are expensive and therein is the problem!

We have an email from Alex Agran dated 18th November 2014 stating that we need to sort out a payment to us for Mark of the Devil so that the USA edition is the same as the UK one. He mentions that he will honour our desire to have no further use of High Rising extras outwith the UK in future. We didn't want to do this on Mark of the Devil as it was launching a USA branch of Arrow that we were not going to be involved with. However we did agree in the end and as a testament to Alex we were paid quite well for the use of our stuff.

I don't understand the current situation with Pit Stop - we didn't want to leave a company we loved and doted over for six years on bad terms. Alex was once a very good and valued friend of ours. However the writing was on the wall for us, our services were no longer wanted or needed and we did the honourable thing by moving on with our lives. Exactly why Arrow still wants our material - the materials of two people they decided should not be involved with their expansion into the USA anyway - is puzzling to us. In light of our email from Alex, which was courteous and honest in regards to not using our materials moving forward, it just stings that little more. It is a breach of what we agreed upon. End of.

Whining on social forums is the last thing I want to do so this will be my likely last word on this. I thank everyone for their support whilst being quietly disgusted at the armchair experts who seem knowledgeable about my affairs despite not knowing me from Adam.
Old 6th May 2015, 01:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Some good announcements but most excited by the fact that a postcard for Your Vice Is a Locked Room... has been found. Maybe this was common knowledge, but I've not been not here much of late
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 6th May 2015, 04:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Someone on Instagram has their copy of Society, so I guess they're shipping already. Looking forward to getting mine
SharonLynette and demonknight like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th May 2015, 05:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Someone on Instagram has their copy of Society, so I guess they're shipping already. Looking forward to getting mine
is that me on Instagram? I know I sound very confused now.

Oh yes, btw.

Old 6th May 2015, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No, it was Horrorfanatic13 (whoever that is)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430933279.076995.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!