Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Buboven 10th May 2015 02:12 PM

Hey guys,

Need your opinion on something.

If I haven't liked any westerns I have watched so far apart from Hannie Caulder do you think i would like Day of Anger?

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 448924)
Hey guys,

Need your opinion on something.

If i haven't liked any western s i have watched so fat apart from Hannie Caulder do you think i would like Day of Anger?

How many have you seen so far Bub?

Buboven 10th May 2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 448927)
How many have you seen so far Bub?

Hannie Caulder and bits of various ones from the 50's and stuff like the Good, the Bad...

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 448928)
Hannie Caulder and bits of various ones from the 50's and stuff like the Good, the Bad...

If you've only seen one complete western it's hard to say. Seeing bits of films really isn't conclusive.

If i were you i'd wait until it drops in price a bit. Either that or start watching spaghetti westerns and find out if you actually like or dislike the genre.

Michael Brooke 10th May 2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 448919)
They could release a few Eurocrime films as there seems to be a lack of releases here in the UK. Just a thought and maybe a few more Spaghetti Westerns like the Sartana films

As ever, it's down to what sells. If you want more Eurocrime stuff, buy Milano Calibro 9. If you want more spaghetti westerns, buy Day of Anger. If you want more Japanese thrillers, buy Massacre Gun and Retaliation, and if you want more Italian gore, buy Contamination.

Future acquisitions are very much dictated by past performance. For an excellent example, Six Gothic Tales wasn't even a vague idea this time last year (I think it was first floated as a possibility in July), but the surprise success of the Vincent Price titles pushed it onto the schedule and out before Christmas. Similarly, the contract on The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne wasn't formally signed until after the Walerian Borowczyk box was confirmed as a sellout success.

Buboven 10th May 2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Brooke (Post 448930)
As ever, it's down to what sells. If you want more Eurocrime stuff, buy Milano Calibro 9. If you want more spaghetti westerns, buy Day of Anger. If you want more Japanese thrillers, buy Massacre Gun and Retaliation, and if you want more Italian gore, buy Contamination.

Future acquisitions are very much dictated by past performance. For an excellent example, Six Gothic Tales wasn't even a vague idea this time last year (I think it was first floated as a possibility in July), but the surprise success of the Vincent Price titles pushed it onto the schedule and out before Christmas. Similarly, the contract on The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne wasn't formally signed until after the Walerian Borowczyk box was confirmed as a sellout success.

Buy more Bava titles people!

Bringer Of Funerals 10th May 2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 448935)
Buy more Bava titles people!

Yes, then they might release an Arrow version of a Bava box set like they did with Argento

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 448937)
Yes, then they might release an Arrow version of a Bava box set like they did with Argento

…and Fantastic Factory Presents!

Buboven 11th May 2015 04:44 PM

What is the general consensus on what is the best film?

Massacre Gun or Retaliation?

Sobral 11th May 2015 06:27 PM

Video Watchdog

Nice coverage of Arrow on the latest Video Watchdog, digital preview available.