Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2015, 10:30 AM
Cult Master

More from the High Rising FB page:

"Just to remind anyone that if you pre-order the Arrow USA edition of PIT STOP you are supporting the theft of our work. We were paid and assigned to work on this title for the UK ONLY - we never knew about a USA release and if we had we would have negotiated for such. The fact Arrow paid us for their use of our work on their USA release of MARK OF THE DEVIL only attests to the fact they are/ were aware they cannot use our material for other territories without negotiating with us.

Once they did such discussions - now they don't. Sadly.

Despite having a company worth seven figures and running a Kickstarter which netted over $100,000 for an American launch, this is how Arrow has chosen to now do business with us - two people who worked tirelessly and often selflessly for them (these events in Glasgow, for instance, were done unpaid - only Arrow took a cut of the door, not us... we really did all we could to increase their visibility in these early years). Whilst I will always accept companies hiring new people, moving on or generally just a clash of interests, this current situation is unthinkably unpleasant. I'm also amazed my name is on the sleeve of this title when I was told, quite explictly, by the label manager that Arrow wanted to move away from being "the Calum show".

Highlighting my involvement in this material is an enormous step back for them and confusing for both myself and Naomi.

The UK edition of Pit Stop, a film we were proud and honoured to have worked on, and a movie which Arrow has done a first class job restoring, with the care and time expected from their excellent technical team, is region free. We appreciate if you import that instead. The USA edition may say "director approved" but the extras are not cleared and we feel helpless in terms of what we can do (Arrow has banned us from commenting on their facebook page).

We are perplexed and upset things have turned out like this."
keirarts and Vipp like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th May 2015, 10:34 AM
Cult Master

DVD Beaver - Society Blu-ray - Billy Warlock
keirarts likes this.

Old 14th May 2015, 10:47 AM
Cult Master

FB

"We have new releases of Miracle in Milan and Ashes and Diamonds now available. Unfortunately both releases are limited in availability, this is due to forecasted sales being too low for us to commit to further pressings of these releases. As such both will contain booklets for the first 1000 copies only. Whether or not there will be another print run of these release at all is unclear at this time.

Miracle in Milan: Miracle in Milan
Ashes and Diamonds: Ashes & Diamonds "
keirarts likes this.

Old 14th May 2015, 10:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
We are perplexed and upset things have turned out like this."[/I]
Every link i use to read the facebook page comes back as 'no longer exists'? Is that because im not a facebook user?
Old 14th May 2015, 01:39 PM
Cultist in Training

How early does Arrow normally send out their pre order titles compared to Amazon?

Really looking forward to gettin Eaten Alive, but will be going away at the start of July and wondering if I will get it before then
Old 14th May 2015, 02:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkant View Post
How early does Arrow normally send out their pre order titles compared to Amazon?

Really looking forward to gettin Eaten Alive, but will be going away at the start of July and wondering if I will get it before then
Well I'm still waiting on Society being delivered, which was sent from Arrow on Monday morning, so God knows
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th May 2015, 03:17 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Well I'm still waiting on Society being delivered, which was sent from Arrow on Monday morning, so God knows
Something is going on, i pre-ordered on day one but had to sit back while others posted pics as theirs arrived before mine was even posted, same thing happened with Long Good Friday (not as bad with Friday though).
Old 15th May 2015, 07:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

"Just to remind anyone that if you pre-order the Arrow USA edition of PIT STOP you are supporting the theft of our work. We were paid and assigned to work on this title for the UK ONLY - we never knew about a USA release and if we had we would have negotiated for such. The fact Arrow paid us for their use of our work on their USA release of MARK OF THE DEVIL only attests to the fact they are/ were aware they cannot use our material for other territories without negotiating with us.

Once they did such discussions - now they don't. Sadly.

Despite having a company worth seven figures and running a Kickstarter which netted over $100,000 for an American launch, this is how Arrow has chosen to now do business with us - two people who worked tirelessly and often selflessly for them (these events in Glasgow, for instance, were done unpaid - only Arrow took a cut of the door, not us... we really did all we could to increase their visibility in these early years). Whilst I will always accept companies hiring new people, moving on or generally just a clash of interests, this current situation is unthinkably unpleasant. I'm also amazed my name is on the sleeve of this title when I was told, quite explictly, by the label manager that Arrow wanted to move away from being "the Calum show".

Highlighting my involvement in this material is an enormous step back for them and confusing for both myself and Naomi.

The UK edition of Pit Stop, a film we were proud and honoured to have worked on, and a movie which Arrow has done a first class job restoring, with the care and time expected from their excellent technical team, is region free. We appreciate if you import that instead. The USA edition may say "director approved" but the extras are not cleared and we feel helpless in terms of what we can do (Arrow has banned us from commenting on their facebook page).

We are perplexed and upset things have turned out like this."
This all getting very messy. I have alway thought though that there are two sides to a story and i would have liked to have heard Arrow's take on events, but i am guessing maybe for legal reasons that is not going to happen. This open criticism is not doing anyone any favours.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th May 2015, 07:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I like Calum but that's besides the point. I'm always swayed by the plight of the little man in situations like this.

Has he been unprofessional? Maybe, but I think he's at his wit's end and it's clearly a matter of principle now. I'm sure we're talking about a very small amount of money here and Arrow could have averted this messy episode by doing the right thing, paying before the title was announced as a US release. Arrow purports to be a professional company and as such it really should do things by the book.
Old 15th May 2015, 09:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

As i said, there are always two sides to a story.

Like this? Share it using the links below!