Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

gag 26th May 2015 11:14 AM

So which site would be cheapest to buy arrows videodrome from.?
Prob put in a pre order before end of the week

Paul@TheOverlook 26th May 2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 451252)
It doesn't really undermine the spin at all.

1. This is the first time that the BBFC have passed the title uncut.

2. Aside from the legally dubious laserdisc all but a handful of punters saw, Uk releases have always been submitted pre-cut. Be it R-rated prints or R-rated with further distributor imposed cuts. A lot of consumers on Arrows site were nervous given the cock up with Shivers, that it would be "uncut" R-rated print.

So good news.

My point, as you can see from both of my posts, is that it's not the first time VIDEODROME has been available uncut in the UK and while I appreciate that the LaserDisc didn't sell in huge quantities it wasn't some greymarket bootleg, it was a professionally pressed disc, released by a reputable distributor and stands indisputably as the first uncut UK release. If it wasn't passed by the BBFC that's mostly like due to an oversight rather than a deliberate swerve to get it out and circumvent the Board's fees. As I mentioned before, it's also worth considering that the BBFC's website is incomplete or that the notes for this particular version were misplaced when they created their database.

If Arrow wants to reassure those looking to buy they need only day that it's the fully uncut director's cut version - which the unrated cut is.

Seems you're being quite defensive, almost like you think I'm trolling you, which I'm really not. I'm not "anti-Arrow", if that's your cause for defence here, I just get a little sick of seeing some companies grandstanding and generally acting in a self-congratulatory manner, especially when the information that they're passing on is incorrect.

Peace. :)

Paul@TheOverlook 26th May 2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 451254)
So which site would be cheapest to buy arrows videodrome from.?
Prob put in a pre order before end of the week

Amazon price matches on the date of shipping, so they're usually the cheapest. There's also Arrow's own site which is usually price competitive and it means you'll accrue a fair few points to use against your next order.

fuzzymctiger 26th May 2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 451262)
Amazon price matches on the date of shipping, so they're usually the cheapest. There's also Arrow's own site which is usually price competitive and it means you'll accrue a fair few points to use against your next order.

I'll be preordering soon hopefully. I'm waiting for some extra funds so I can preorder and get the Blood Rage slipcase as well, but I'm worried Videodrome will go fast...

keirarts 26th May 2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 451261)
My point, as you can see from both of my posts, is that it's not the first time VIDEODROME has been available uncut in the UK and while I appreciate that the LaserDisc didn't sell in huge quantities it wasn't some greymarket bootleg, it was a professionally pressed disc, released by a reputable distributor and stands indisputably as the first uncut UK release. If it wasn't passed by the BBFC that's mostly like due to an oversight rather than a deliberate swerve to get it out and circumvent the Board's fees. As I mentioned before, it's also worth considering that the BBFC's website is incomplete or that the notes for this particular version were misplaced when they created their database.

If Arrow wants to reassure those looking to buy they need only day that it's the fully uncut director's cut version - which the unrated cut is.

Seems you're being quite defensive, almost like you think I'm trolling you, which I'm really not. I'm not "anti-Arrow", if that's your cause for defence here, I just get a little sick of seeing some companies grandstanding and generally acting in a self-congratulatory manner, especially when the information that they're passing on is incorrect.

Peace. :)

apologies if I was coming across as overly defensive. Just rying to put across a counter argument. Essentially mistake or not its actually a criminal offence to release a film in the U.K that hasn't been submitted. It does happen. But I'm wearing the pedant hat here and maintain Arrows is the first legally available uncut release.

Never knows though, and you are quite right, it could be a technical issue. Just I'd never heard of the unrated one being put in front of the board at any point and most of what I read WAY back when the laser was released indicated it may have been an error or oversight.

Paul@TheOverlook 26th May 2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 451266)
apologies if I was coming across as overly defensive. Just rying to put across a counter argument. Essentially mistake or not its actually a criminal offence to release a film in the U.K that hasn't been submitted. It does happen. But I'm wearing the pedant hat here and maintain Arrows is the first legally available uncut release.

Never knows though, and you are quite right, it could be a technical issue. Just I'd never heard of the unrated one being put in front of the board at any point and most of what I read WAY back when the laser was released indicated it may have been an error or oversight.

No bother, seriously. I just didn't want you to think I was digging for a reaction because I really wasn't.

I guess we'll never say for sure if it was passed or not. Given that it was released just on the cusp of the Board's loosening of its guidelines it is unlikely that they would have passed the unrated cut at that time but you never know.

Susan Foreman 26th May 2015 03:44 PM

"***LIMITED EDITION STOCK UPDATE***
We’ve recently had a few fans get in touch for an update on our Limited Edition releases. A few of titles are getting very close to going OOP (see a rundown of these below) so if you are planning to pick a copy up don’t delay!

- Time Bandits SteelBook – 1% remaining
- Obsession Slipbox - 2% remaining
- Six Gothic Tales – 3% remaining
- Demons 2 - 3% remaining
- Tenebrae SteelBook – 7% remaining
- The Fall of the House of Usher SteelBook – 7% remaining
- The Burbs SteelBook – 8% remaining
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space SteelBook – 10% remaining
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers SteelBook – 11% remaining
- Foxy Brown SteelBook – 11% remaining
- Blow Out SteelBook – 13% remaining
- The Beyond SteelBook – 15% remaining
- Theatre of Blood SteelBook – 19% remaining
- Porky’s SteelBook – 20% remaining

Everything else that’s limited is in healthy supply."

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th May 2015 05:04 PM

Why give %s when we're not privy to how many copies of each title they printed?

:loco:

platostotal 26th May 2015 08:55 PM

I remember when LaserDiscs came into stock, we got shipped a load of dummy covers for display purposes and as I recall they were identical to the real sleeve artwork but had no BBFC rating, wish I'd have kept some of em, that would have been 87/88, so maybe nobody checked the Videodrome release as it was already certified on VHS and so couldn't be arsed.

as a side note, when I first saw Videodrome I thought Cronenberg could have gone a bit further with the idea of rich people having a snuff PPV channel and broadening the story a bit, but that's just me.

fuzzymctiger 26th May 2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 451301)
Why give %s when we're not privy to how many copies of each title they printed?

:loco:

It's my understanding that Steelbooks are 3000? Can't remember what Six Gothic Tales was though