Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2015, 12:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Black Sunday is a classic piece of Gothic cinema and Arrow's blu looks stunning, plenty of content too

Motel Hell is good fun in a kind of Evil Dead way (though not as good), well worth picking up in the sale IMO

I've not seen the other two though, so I can't comment on them
Indeed, the Black Sunday release comes with another whole film, I Vampiri!
Vipp likes this.
Old 25th June 2015, 08:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dead End Drive In is piss poor.

I'll check tomorrow if i still have mine. You can have it if you want it Vipp. No charge...it's worthless.
Mate you are too kind, if you find it i would be happy to give it a watch.
I appriciate all of the replies, i have saved the Car and Black Sunday in my wishlist and hopfully with a bit of luck will be able to pick them up.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 25th June 2015, 12:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I agree, the Car is fantastic!

As for Turkey Shoot, if you're impatient and can't wait for the US blu ray. The Aus blu ray of the remake has the original remastered in HD from the negatives, no idea of the quality though.
theyve remade Turkey Shoot???

keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2015, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
theyve remade Turkey Shoot???

It's quite dire from what I've heard. It recieved a very small cinema release here and then a home video release to no fanfare. It's supposedly like a futuristic battle Royale type thing, where prisoners are in a game show type combat situation and they fight big competitors
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 25th June 2015, 02:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
It's quite dire from what I've heard. It recieved a very small cinema release here and then a home video release to no fanfare. It's supposedly like a futuristic battle Royale type thing, where prisoners are in a game show type combat situation and they fight big competitors
It sounds rubbish, but if the remake means the original will get a HD upgrade then I'll be happy. Turkey Shoot ('82) is brilliant!
Old 26th June 2015, 09:36 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

Hope this is just a mistake putting the BBFC logos on the original artwork instead of the new one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435311407.281385.jpg
Old 26th June 2015, 09:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hope this is just a mistake putting the BBFC logos on the original artwork instead of the new one.

Attachment 166439
Well this release has always had that poster as it's main artwork from the announcment onwards, so Arrow probably didn't want to out the same art on the back again, and opted for an alternate artwork.

Not a fan though, seems like a silly move.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 26th June 2015, 09:58 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well this release has always had that poster as it's main artwork from the announcment onwards, so Arrow probably didn't want to out the same art on the back again, and opted for an alternate artwork.

Not a fan though, seems like a silly move.

Yeah, I hope it's a one-off or a mistake. Annoying that it'll be the only one on my shelf with the logo on the spine, since I never use the new artwork (took the slips off the other ones like Withnail).
Old 26th June 2015, 01:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Dear Cthulhu, I despair.....but don't have to watch it haha. Free will for everyone ahem......
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th June 2015, 04:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

From Facebook:

** EATEN ALIVE RELEASE DATE CHANGE **

Due to some additional last minute work taking place on the master we are having to push the release date of this title back to August 24th in the UK and August 25th in the US to ensure we are able to meet our manufacturing deadlines. We hope you won’t be too disappointed by this news and as a small consolation we are very pleased to be able to reveal the reverse artwork (as voted for by you!) and the final specs which are as follows:

Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative, approved by director Tobe Hooper • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations • Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray) • Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack • Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing • Audio commentary with co-writer and producer Mardi Rustam, stars Roberta Collins, William Finley and Kyle Richards, and make-up artist Craig Reardon • New introduction to the film by Hooper • Blood on the Bayou – a brand new interview in which the director shares his recollections of making Eaten Alive • Gator Bait – a brand new interview with star Janus Blythe • Monsters and Metaphors – a brand new interview with makeup artist Craig Reardon • The Gator Creator – an archive interview with Hooper • My Name is Buck – an archive interview with star Robert Englund • 5ive Minutes with Marilyn Burns – the star of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre talks about working on Eaten Alive • The Butcher of Elmendorf: The Legend of Joe Ball – featurette looking at the true-life story of the South Texas bar owner on whom Eaten Alive is loosely based • Original theatrical trailers for the film under its various alternate titles: Eaten Alive, Death Trap, Starlight Slaughter and Horror Hotel • TV and Radio Spots • Alternate Credits • Behind the Scenes Slideshow • Audience Comment Cards • Stills and Promo Material Gallery • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Brad Stevens, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435335149.923306.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!