Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 454656)
Ditto on the downloading / streaming.

I also said i wanted extras galore.

To say otherwise means you might as well download or stream.

I'm pretty sure I said I wanted every extra feature going, plus as much paperwork as is available, though I prefer booklets with essays to comic books.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 454653)
Just filled this in.

Wonder how they'll feel if a lot of entries like myself mentioned Cult Labs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 454655)
I filled it in yesterday, mentioned Cult Labs as the only Internet Forum I use, and said I have absolutely no interest at all in digital downloads/streaming.

Ditto. Also mentioned Cult Labs and no interest in digital copies / streaming.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 454656)
Ditto on the downloading / streaming.

I also said i wanted extras galore.

To say otherwise means you might as well download or stream.

It makes me wonder if Arrow are going to try and push downloading and streaming.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 454663)
It makes me wonder if Arrow are going to try and push downloading and streaming.

It seems as if they're considering it an option. Maybe a tie-in to the 'exclusive member area' they've brought up in the survey too.

Rik 28th June 2015 05:23 PM

Same as everyone else, I said no to digital and mentioned here as the only forum I post on (not strictly true, but the only one I post on pretty much every day)

:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 454664)
It seems as if they're considering it an option. Maybe a tie-in to the 'exclusive member area' they've brought up in the survey too.

So much for 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

JAMIOUSE 28th June 2015 08:18 PM

I wonder id Arrow would reconsider been an active part of Cult Labs again? I mentioned it when I filled in my survey as I'm sure a lot of us will if we haven't already.

Digital downloads don't interest me in the slighest, I still to physicaly own things besides which my broadband connection is far too slow to cope with such things. One of the problems with living in the country!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 454684)
I wonder id Arrow would reconsider been an active part of Cult Labs again?

Unlikely, but never say never.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th June 2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 454667)
So much for 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

It could be broken from their perspective though.

The physical media market is shrinking and niche companies are finding that they are increasingly fighting over a shrinking customer base. This has led to a lot of 'trial and error' approaches to marketing product from store exclusives, collectors packaging/booklets, limited print runs etc. to either encourage customers to pay higher prices to combat the rise in package quality (due to increasing costs / lower print runs and/or more in house restorations and less off the shelf masters) in order to get a decent return for their investment. Arrow fielding this survey out to the fans is just a bit of market research and based on responses they will tweak their business model accordingly and in a way where they can still create a viable profit margin but maintain the overall quality of their releases.

It is a little flawed though as arguably the only section of their customer base who will see it (what with it being an online poll) will be the hardcore label aware collectors who use forums and social media. Therefore the answers will be heavily tilted towards a collector mentality (no digital and the want of all extras and special perks to remain). The casual fan on the high-street who may be responsible for as many (if not more) sales than the online collector and who may not be bothered about booklets, packaging and extras will probably not even be aware of the survey's existence.

Rik 28th June 2015 08:31 PM

I doubt they'd come back now, it'd be like getting back with your girlfriend/boyfriend after you'd cheated on them :lol: