Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

J Harker 8th July 2015 08:54 PM

Its currently £67 on Amazon. And The Black Cat set is £46.

fuzzymctiger 8th July 2015 08:58 PM

Jesus October is going to be expensive. Deep Red, Hellrasier and Black Cat are definites, so that's pretty much £100 before I've even begun to consider the Yoshida, which the completionist in me wants to blind buy, but it's waaaay too much.

J Harker 8th July 2015 09:08 PM

Its the fact they're all ltd editions that's causing me grief. I can't really afford them on release but i can't stand the idea of missing them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th July 2015 09:10 PM

Thieves Highway is a must for me; especially as I adore Rififi.

The Hellraiser and Black Cat sets will also be mine, although I'm not sure whether to bite on the LE Deep Red... it appears as if the only LE exclusive is the CD soundtrack, which not only do I already have as part of Raptor's DVD release but I also have on vinyl too. I guess the packaging design whenever it is announced may sway me.

Arrow are certainly being canny with these LE releases though. They must have twigged onto my 'wait for the inevitable sale' attitude and have now resorted to flaunting and taunting their limited time only wares... my poor wallet. :ohwell:

J Harker 8th July 2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 455906)
Thieves Highway is a must for me; especially as I adore Rififi.

The Hellraiser and Black Cat sets will also be mine, although I'm not sure whether to bite on the LE Deep Red... it appears as if the only LE exclusive is the CD soundtrack, which not only do I already have as part of Raptor's DVD release but I also have on vinyl too. I guess the packaging design whenever it is announced may sway me.

Arrow are certainly being canny with these LE releases though. They must have twigged onto my 'wait for the inevitable sale' attitude and have now resorted to flaunting and taunting their limited time only wares... my poor wallet. :ohwell:

I believe the theatrical cut is a limited edition exclusive too.

Vipp 8th July 2015 10:00 PM

Just noticed from J.Harker's post's that the Hellraiser set is £49.99p :( i'm not sure i think a 3 disc set is worth £49.99 as the new features don't have Barker in them? On the otherside, they are new transfers and i bet that box will look very nice indeed.

sjconstable 8th July 2015 11:46 PM

Arrow's generous rewards points help out though, I knocked £17 off my pre-order earlier...

Vipp 9th July 2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 455931)
Arrow's generous rewards points help out though, I knocked £17 off my pre-order earlier...

I pre-ordered Hellraiser, stuff it, i love the first movie, like the second and really enjoy the third a lot and i like that qart work a great deal and finally Arrow films haven;t let me down with any of the titles i have bought so far, i also got just over £10 in reward points for buying the boxset so really it's been about £40 for me.

But now i will need to avoid JHarkers posts in the bargain blu-ray thread until payday. haha!

Justin101 9th July 2015 08:39 AM

I've pre-ordered on amazon since they're limited (Black Cats and Hellraiser), the early order should ensure I grab a copy before they sell their allocation. I'm more than sure that Amazon will match or better the Arrow price, though Arrow direct orders will probably get theirs up to 2 weeks earlier which is fine by me.

I can't wait for October! :D

Vipp 9th July 2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 455941)
I've pre-ordered on amazon since they're limited (Black Cats and Hellraiser), the early order should ensure I grab a copy before they sell their allocation. I'm more than sure that Amazon will match or better the Arrow price, though Arrow direct orders will probably get theirs up to 2 weeks earlier which is fine by me.

I can't wait for October! :D

What i thought is, with Arrow giving £10 of points out for the hellraiser pre order, that kinda makes the set quite cheap (a ver simplified way of breaking it down is, £10 for each film then £10 for the cost of all the extras to be made and the book then £10 in bonus points = £50) in the next sale i will get a free £7.99p blu-ray and a few quid of another title? will Amazon do better than that?
sometimes they do put tstuff out extremely cheap.