Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2015, 10:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Maybe I'm asking too much to expect unbashed corners when I spend £50 on something.

Attachment 171851Attachment 171852
You're a moderator on a forum on the internet which is full of different people with different expectations from life. I personally think that dent is hardly a bash mate and if that was in my hands I'd pop it on my shelf and be proud to own it. I have a few imported box sets from America and Europe with the same dents and it sucks so i understand you feel upset but I'm commenting on your box set and not your feeling about what you expected.

So for my ten pence as a member fo this fourm i agree with HAwkmonger whos actual words were...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Honestly that looks perfectly fine to me!
It looks fine to me too, which again has nothing to do with what we feel about 'your' expectations from a service you bought into. it's a comment about a box.
plasterface and keirarts like this.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:45 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
You're a moderator on a forum on the internet which is full of different people with different expectations from life. I personally think that dent is hardly a bash mate and if that was in my hands I'd pop it on my shelf and be proud to own it. I have a few imported box sets from America and Europe with the same dents and it sucks so i understand you feel upset but I'm commenting on your box set and not your feeling about what you expected.

So for my ten pence as a member fo this fourm i agree with HAwkmonger whos actual words were...

It looks fine to me too, which again has nothing to do with what we feel about 'your' expectations from a service you bought into. it's a comment about a box.

Fair enough. I just took a lot of shit from someone last night trolling me on Facebook because I complained about it. It looks ok to you, It doesn't to me. Let's just leave it at that.
keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:46 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not at all, if you spend upwards of £50 for a product, you should expect it to arrive in mint condition. I don't think anyone would think that was acceptable!

Apparently not.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Fair enough. I just took a lot of shit from someone last night trolling me on Facebook because I complained about it. It looks ok to you, It doesn't to me. Let's just leave it like that.
Trolling is horrible behavior mate, you're with friends here who might not agree with everything you say but still value your input and opinions. I hope arrow sort it out for you.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:51 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That is the crux of the point. You would be happy with receiving a box in that condition; Stephen isn't, and he paid for it – that's what's important.
Vipp likes this.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:51 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Trolling is horrible behavior mate, you're with friends here who might not agree with everything you say but still value your input and opinions. I hope arrow sort it out for you.

Thanks, Vipp!
Vipp likes this.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran

If it makes you feel better, I think mine is actually squashed worse than that. I'm keeping mine though, I've been looking forward to getting the box for ages and I know Stephen was going to get the individual boxes anyway and then changed his mind later and got the box set before it sold out.

So if he's not happy he should return it but I'm ok with mine and the dent is on the side where it wouldn't be on display anyway.
keirarts and Vipp like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st November 2015, 01:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I definitely side with Stephen on this one. Purchasing a new product regardless of price means it should be in mint condition.

Had it been picked up used from Zoverstocks say, then you take your chance and hope it's in the condition as described. However brand new and sealed an item should be mint.

Bear in mind i'm the person who takes all the books of the shelf when i'm in store and examines them with an eagle eye to make sure i buy the one without a blemish, as i will be doing on Thursday when i buy the new Stephen King hardback.
Old 1st November 2015, 01:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Bear in mind i'm the person who takes all the books of the shelf when i'm in store and examines them with an eagle eye to make sure i buy the one without a blemish, as i will be doing on Thursday when i buy the new Stephen King hardback.
This is me, but it also applies to tins in the supermarket too
platostotal and Vipp like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st November 2015, 03:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I definitely side with Stephen on this one. Purchasing a new product regardless of price means it should be in mint condition.

Had it been picked up used from Zoverstocks say, then you take your chance and hope it's in the condition as described. However brand new and sealed an item should be mint.

Dem there are no sides mate - the issue of the condition of the box as it stands and how forum members feel about paying for damaged goods are entierly seperate issues.
Two issues with two outcomes.
Stephen deserves the same box as we all got and if you pay for something you should get it in factory sealed conditon no matter how much you pay for it.

keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!