Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:56 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

Personally, I'm hoping that they release as much from Nightmare USA as possibly so unsuspecting others suffer through er, I mean enjoy some of those films as much as I have.

Joking aside though, it would be a good thing to see some of these forgotten films given a chance to be seen by a wider audience by being given a more high-profile release. Some of them will be far from great, but at the same time many need to be seen by a wider audience and will surely gain a few more fans even if they attract more detractors along the way.
I just can't figure out why a film like Scream Bloody Murder would get the full restoration, HD treatment when there are so many films crying out for it instead.

Having said that i do actually quite like the film.
keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I just can't figure out why a film like Scream Bloody Murder would get the full restoration, HD treatment when there are so many films crying out for it instead.

Having said that i do actually quite like the film.
I suppose it depends on the market. Does the potential customer base justify the cost of the restoration?

Plus, (BTW, I have never seen this film) since the cinematographer is Stephen Burum, it is probably a visually interesting film which would benefit from a HD restoration. Especially if Burum agrees to supervise.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd November 2015, 05:11 PM
Active Cultist

Got my Hellraiser set at last, postcard and badge included.
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayzeUK View Post
Got my Hellraiser set at last, postcard and badge included.
Yesterday my mate sent me a picture of a box that came in the post convinced it was his Hellraiser set he couldnt wait to get home from work and he kept laughing at me because mine had not arrived and he only ordered his a few weeks ago and i ordered mine at the start of August. He spent the whole day saying ill take plenty of pictures and sent them to you i was honestly raging. When he got home he sent me a picture of a hard drive he had sent off to get fixed

He was gutted
Gold6082, Rik, Justin101 and 3 others like this.
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Yesterday my mate sent me a picture of a box that came in the post convinced it was his Hellraiser set he couldnt wait to get home from work and he kept laughing at me because mine had not arrived and he only ordered his a few weeks ago and i ordered mine at the start of August. He spent the whole day saying ill take plenty of pictures and sent them to you i was honestly raging. When he got home he sent me a picture of a hard drive he had sent off to get fixed

He was gutted
Had it been fixed, though? Is there a silver lining anywhere?
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:27 PM
Cult Addict

Scream Bloody Murder is f#cking great! It was one of my favourites when I ploughed my way through a vast swath of Nightmare USA films when the book first came out.
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Had it been fixed, though? Is there a silver lining anywhere?
Fixed but all his music was wiped off it
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:39 PM
Active Cultist

Just watched all three Hellraiser films. The video quality is stunning!

Has anyone noticed, in Part 3, there is an intermittent very high pitched noise, particularly evident during orchestral passages? It's bugging me!
Old 4th November 2015, 03:04 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

From Facebook....

The time has come... our February releases will be revealed this week! UK only releases will be announced TOMORROW (4pm GMT / 8am PST / 11am EST) and our UK/US and US only releases will be revealed on Friday (4pm GMT / 8am PST / 11am EST)

In the spirit of full disclosure, we want to let you all know that we have a number of US only titles coming up (one will be announced this Friday). We did everything we could to acquire these for the UK too however when this was unsuccessful we thought it best to release something rather than nothing at all.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th November 2015, 03:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

"In the spirit of full disclosure, we want to let you all know that we have a number of US only titles coming up (one will be announced this Friday). We did everything we could to acquire these for the UK too however when this was unsuccessful we thought it best to release something rather than nothing at all."

And so it begins.

I'm sure someone will leap to their defence.
mr 420 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!