Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

J Harker 6th November 2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 467347)
Why? What about those who, like me, have seen the novelty of Steelbook packaging wear off and would rather buy the Amaray given the choice? I don't want to be "strong-armed" into buying something I don't want in order to have the booklet.

I don't want to sound cynical but isn't it obvious Nos? In fact you've petty much answered your own question. More to the point why such an ugly steelbook?

PaulD 6th November 2015 11:06 AM

Watched Hellraiser last night. Had forgotten what a superlative and atmospheric slice of British horror it is.

Not to sound like the transfer police but did anyone else find it almost too grainy at times? Like, first print Arrow Tenebrae levels? Generally speaking it looked fantastic and but a few scenes were rather distracting when it came to the graininess.

Nemesis 6th November 2015 11:07 AM

Arrow got it backwards - ideally there should have been a booklet for both releases, but if they had to pick one - they should have made the Amaray dual format with a booklet, and the steel blu only with no booklet, for those who like collecting them.

I used to like steels, but if you get a dent in one of them, then :frusty::eek:

And when the clips break for the booklet, then that's frustrating too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th November 2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 467351)
I don't want to sound cynical but isn't it obvious Nos? In fact you've petty much answered your own question. More to the point why such an ugly steelbook?

I suppose I did!

It does seem strange that booklets are almost being phased out and treated as a 'luxury' extra to be included in packaging that many people don't want especially, as you say, if the artwork is so unappealing.

Gold6082 6th November 2015 11:13 AM

I like the colours,art and layout of the upcoming hellraiser set more than the already released one. HOWEVER I won't double dip,although I won't rule out selling and rebuying at a later stage.

Of the newly announced titles Only Audition & 5 dolls for me.

And yes we certainly need a kill baby kill Blu!

Nemesis 6th November 2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 467360)
I suppose I did!

It does seem strange that booklets are almost being phased out and treated as a 'luxury' extra to be included in packaging that many people don't want especially, as you say, if the artwork is so unappealing.

They do cost quite a bit to manufacture though - Kevin from Eureka gave his reasoning on why the booklets for the Imamura titles in the Box were converted to dvd-rom; if single booklets had been included, the box would have cost more, the lead times longer and the delay could have been up to four months.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th November 2015 11:25 AM

Booklets are one of the few extras that even remotely interest me so I'll probably pick up the SB for this reason. I'm not totally against the artwork, although there is something distinctly 'off' about it... it just says computer game or even Anime to me which if you've seen the film just isn't the case.

I like steelbooks but I don't consider myself a 'steelbook collector'... if it's a film I like and want to buy and the artwork is nice then I'll tend to get the steel providing it's not massively more expensive than the regular edition.

Nemesis 6th November 2015 11:26 AM

Since Arrow's on a Miike roll, I hope they put out the Black Triad trilogy, and some of the other Tartan Asia extreme titles - they seem to be acquiring quite a bit of their catalogue. A new 2k resto for Sympathy for Mr Vengeance would also be good.

J Harker 6th November 2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 467360)
I suppose I did!

Do i not recall something a while back about Arrow booklets only being included in the first few thousand copies of releases in future anyway?

Nemesis 6th November 2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 467374)
Do i not recall something a while back about Arrow booklets only being included in the first few thousand copies of releases in future anyway?

Yes - I remeber that. When they repressing Miracle in Milan, they'd include booklets for that print run, but then no more.