LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2015, 04:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Good! Now I don't have to get mad whenever I open an Arrow blu-ray to find a ripped booklet.
You have to open the damaged box first!
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th November 2015, 05:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Good! Now I don't have to get mad whenever I open an Arrow blu-ray to find a ripped booklet.
I've never once had a damaged booklet.
Old 6th November 2015, 05:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I've never once had a damaged booklet.

Ach, go away!
J Harker likes this.
Old 6th November 2015, 05:41 PM
Cult Addict

Thing is with Arrow steelbooks, more often than not I'd opt for the steelbook anyway. But the Audition one is atrocious. I'm considering buying both the steel and the amaray and taking the booklet out and trading the steelbook immediately to CEX.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 6th November 2015, 05:56 PM
Cult Addict

SOLD ON THIS!!!

NEW UK/US TITLE: American Horror Project Vol 1 [The Witch Who Came From the Sea + Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood + The Premonition] (Arrow Video) Dual Format Limited Edition

Unique slices of the American Nightmare are brought back into the public consciousness and preserved for all to enjoy.

Pre-order your UK copy here: American Horror Project Vol 1 Dual Format
North American pre-orders links should be live soon!

UK Release Date: 22nd February 2016
US Release Date: 23rd February 2016
Region: Free

Everyone knows the classic American horror titles: Night of the Living Dead, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and A Nightmare on Elm Street, to name but a few. But we want to tell you a different story – a story of the unsung heroes of American terror... Whether it’s a film that has languished in obscurity, or a movie that’s at risk of being lost due to lack of source materials, American Horror Project is here to ensure that these unique slices of the American Nightmare are brought back into the public consciousness and preserved for all to enjoy.

Volume I of this series presents three tales of violence and madness from the 1970s. Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood (Christopher Speeth, 1973) sees a family arrive at a creepy, dilapidated fairground in search of their missing daughter, only to find themselves at the mercy of cannibalistic ghouls lurking beneath the park. Meanwhile, The Witch Who Came from the Sea (Matt Cimber, 1976), stars Mollie Perkins (The Diary of Anne Frank) as a young woman whose bizarre and violent fantasies start to bleed into reality – literally. Lastly, every parent’s worst nightmare comes true in The Premonition (Robert Allen Schnitzer, 1976), a tale of psychic terror in which five-year-old Janie is snatched away by a strange woman claiming to be her long-lost mother.

Newly remastered from the best surviving elements and contextualised with brand new supplementary material, with American Horror Project we can re-evaluate an alternative history of American horror and film heritage.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
•Brand new 2K restorations of the three features
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard DVD presentations
•English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Reversible sleeves for each film featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
•American Horror Project Journal Volume I - Limited Edition 60-page booklet featuring new articles on the films from Kim Newman (Nightmare Movies), Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women) and Brian Albright (Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990)

MALATESTA’S CARNIVAL OF BLOOD - SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
•Brand new interview with director Christopher Speeth
•Brand new interview with writer Werner Liepolt
•Draft Script (BD/DVD-ROM content)
•Production stills gallery

THE WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA - SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
•Audio commentary with director Matt Cimber, actress Millie Perkins and director of photography Dean Cundey
•Brand new interview with director Matt Cimber
•Brand new interview with Dean Cundey
•Brand new interview with actor John Goff

THE PREMONITION - SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
•Audio commentary with director-producer Robert Allen Schnitzer
•Brand new interview with composer Henry Mollicone
•Interview with actor Richard Lynch
•Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: ‘Vernal Equinox’, ‘Terminal Point’ and ‘A Rumbling in the Land’
•4 “Peace Spots”
•Trailers and TV Spots

PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Old 6th November 2015, 05:57 PM
Cult Addict

And now over to our dual UK/US releases!

NEW UK/US TITLE: ‘Sheba, Baby’ (Arrow Video) Dual Format

Another Pam Grier classic joins the Arrow Video line

Pre-order your UK copy here: Sheba, Baby Dual Format

UK Release Date: 8th February 2016
US Release Date: 8th February 2016
Region: A/B+1/2

HOTTER 'N' COFFY MEANER 'N' FOXY BROWN!

Fresh off her career defining roles for Jack Hill in Coffy and Foxy Brown, Pam Grier returned to pure Blaxploitation (after turns in Blaxploitation-horror and action), in cult filmmaker William Girdler's (The Manitou, Abby) 'Sheba, Baby'...

Grier plays Sheba Shayne, a private eye based in Chicago who is called to her hometown to stop the local mob boss (played by "that bad D'Urville Martin", Black Caesar, Dolemite) from moving in on her father's loan business. Aided by her father's partner, Brick Williams (Austin Stoker, Assault on Precinct 13, Battle for the Planet of the Apes), Sheba finds out that the violent thugs aren't going go away with a fight. Car bombs, gun fights and boat chases ensue whilst armed with her curves, street smarts and a .44, Sheba is in for a bloodbath!

Grier would appear in three Blaxploitation classics in 1975 (the others were Bucktown and Friday Foster), where she was at the top of her game and genre, with the Los Angeles Times calling her "cool, tough and glamorous - a female fantasy Wonder Woman", further cementing her status as the first female action star.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Audio commentary with producer-screenwriter David Sheldon, moderated by critic Nathaniel Thompson
•Sheldon: Baby - a brand new interview with David Sheldon
•Pam Grier: The AIP Years - a look over the wonder years of the Blaxploitation queen with film historian Chris Poggiali
•Trailer
•Gallery featuring rare publicity images and Lobby Cards
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sean Phillips
•Booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Patty Breen, webmaster of WilliamGirdler.com, illustrated with archive stills and posters
Old 6th November 2015, 05:57 PM
Cult Addict

Here it is! Round two of our February announcements. First up our US only title…

NEW US ONLY TITLE: Pray for Death (Arrow Video) Blu-ray

Vigilante justice – ninja style!

Release Date: 16th February
Region: A

THEY SHATTERED HIS AMERICAN DREAM.

In Pray for Death, martial arts legend Sho Kosugi (Enter the Ninja, Ninja 3: The Domination) stars as a family man driven to exact vigilante justice – ninja style!

Japanese Restauranteur Akira (Kosugi) has taken his wife and two boys to the United States in search of a better life. But their slice of the American Dream is quickly soured when they fall foul of a group of vicious jewellery thieves. Unfortunately for the bad guys, they didn’t count on Akira being a secret black ninja.

The samurai sword of vengeance falls swift and hard in this classic slice of ‘80s ninja action from director Gordon Hessler (Scream and Scream Again, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad), culminating in an action-packed showdown with a bodycount worthy of Commando.
·
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a transfer of original elements by MGM of the unrated version
•Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Brand new interview with star Sho Kosugi
•Archive interview and Ninjutsu demonstration with Kosugi from the film’s New York premiere
•Original Theatrical Trailer
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
•Collector’s booklet featuring an extract from Sho Kosugi’s upcoming biography
Old 6th November 2015, 05:58 PM
Cult Addict

Seems because 101 are releasing prey for death here its US only.
Old 6th November 2015, 06:09 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oh, Keirarts, you've done it again mate!
plasterface, keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 6th November 2015, 06:11 PM
Cult Addict

I'll get my coat...

Like this? Share it using the links below!