I'll get my coat...

A page late, a buck short…
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th November 2015, 06:20 PM
Cult Addict

Trust me, the week I'm having this is just me going a bit mental I suspect...]
Old 6th November 2015, 06:21 PM
Active Cultist

Was really hoping the US only title would be something artsy fartsy I could pass on, but nooo... Gotta get my overpriced import on I guess.

Although the optimist in me hopes 101 will push their release back so they can licence Arrow's transfer.
Old 6th November 2015, 06:30 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah i want that set.
Old 6th November 2015, 06:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
Was really hoping the US only title would be something artsy fartsy I could pass on, but nooo... Gotta get my overpriced import on I guess.

Although the optimist in me hopes 101 will push their release back so they can licence Arrow's transfer.

I'm thinking Arrow will use the same transfer as the recent German release, which looked pretty good. That included both unrated & R-rated versions, but i'm not sure if it's been confirmed which version 101 are releasing, unless I missed it.
TJ Doc and keirarts like this.
Old 6th November 2015, 07:06 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I've never once had a damaged booklet.
I must admit ive never had a damaged booklet.
Old 6th November 2015, 07:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I find the booklets can get bent with opening and closing the cases especially if they slip towards the spine of the box.
Old 6th November 2015, 11:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'm thinking Arrow will use the same transfer as the recent German release, which looked pretty good. That included both unrated & R-rated versions, but i'm not sure if it's been confirmed which version 101 are releasing, unless I missed it.
Haven't seen it from 101 themsleves, but I'm seeing a lot of people saying they confirmed the R Rated cut only, which seems really ridicolous. I also hate the framing of the poster on their blu, there's so much dead space at the bottom.

Not sure I consider Pray For Death a significant enough release for US only considering what they originally said, but if it's the unrated cut which they confirmed I guess it is. I'm sure I'll get over one awkward logoless spine.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 7th November 2015, 09:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Hellraiser last night. Had forgotten what a superlative and atmospheric slice of British horror it is.

Not to sound like the transfer police but did anyone else find it almost too grainy at times? Like, first print Arrow Tenebrae levels? Generally speaking it looked fantastic and but a few scenes were rather distracting when it came to the graininess.
It's a totally different situation from the first Tenebrae release, which for some unfathomable reason had been slathered with very obviously fake (and hideous) digital noise that I daresay was supposed to imitate natural film grain, but fell woefully short. That master would have been summarily rejected under Arrow's post-2012 QC regime.

Hellraiser, on the other hand, actually looks like that, as confirmed by cinematographer Robin Vidgeon, who worked closely with Arrow on the new 2K restoration. Previous releases smoothed out the grain either by dint of being on SD video or by applying DNR, but with the latter you also smooth out fine detail (a big deal when there's not that much fine detail on the more dimly-lit scenes in the first place), and Arrow's restorations are all about preserving as much detail as possible.
Old 7th November 2015, 09:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Anyone compared it to the Starz Entertainment BD?

Like this? Share it using the links below!