LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2016, 07:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

****ing hell!
Mine arrived today-not opened it yet.

Oh well,a 101 purchase is neccessary then mate for that old vhs artwork.
Even if it does have that stinking Irish logo!
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th February 2016, 05:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Is anyone following the Deep Red discussion on bluray.com ??? I'm seriously shaking my head! All that fuss over a SINGLE FRAME that hasn't been edited out of the film correctly, that's a 1/24th of a second of screen time.

This is on the export version where almost everyone is citing the full length version to be definitive anyway.
You think that's bad, Michael B just got a suspension over what, nobody can seem to work out, and Big Blu-rother has been deleting up to three pages worth of posts of protest by users at how any posts that disagree with moderators are instantly deleted.

With MichaelB's absence, I lose one of the main draws to even go over there, his inside info and intelligence was the best part!
keirarts and will graham like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th February 2016, 06:46 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
You think that's bad, Michael B just got a suspension over what, nobody can seem to work out, and Big Blu-rother has been deleting up to three pages worth of posts of protest by users at how any posts that disagree with moderators are instantly deleted.

With MichaelB's absence, I lose one of the main draws to even go over there, his inside info and intelligence was the best part!
I believe that somebody made an account to purposefully troll him and he fell into the trap. I too enjoy his comments most of the time when they keep on the subject, he certainly knows what he's talking about.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th February 2016, 06:50 AM
Cult Addict

Last edited by keirarts; 16th February 2016 at 06:57 AM. Reason: post delted
Old 16th February 2016, 06:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post

You see, people perhaps thought I was a little over the top when I talked about 'AV Nazis' yet looking at the forums the whole thing looks more than a little toxic. It's ok to be fussy, and some fans want the best which is understandable but there comes a point when your no longer enjoying the films, just buying stuff to check the quality of a transfer frame by frame then moan. This is why I like cult labs, it never seems to get to the same level as Blurage.com (copyright stephen)

Old 16th February 2016, 07:00 AM
Cult Addict

American horror project arrived!

ahp1.jpg ahp2.jpg

ahp3.jpg ahp4.jpg

ahp5.jpg ahp6.jpg

ahp7.jpg ahp8.jpg

ahp9.jpg
Old 16th February 2016, 07:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I'd be considered a heathen over at Bluray.com. I wasn't even that bothered about 'boatgate'. It's all about the film as far as I'm concerned, as long as a glitch doesn't take me out of the film, and I highly doubt an extra single frame would do that, I'm a happy camper. As far as I'm concerned Arrow's Deep Red is the definitive release.

As for hounding out Michael B, well that's their loss.
Old 16th February 2016, 08:41 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I'd be considered a heathen over at Bluray.com. I wasn't even that bothered about 'boatgate'. It's all about the film as far as I'm concerned, as long as a glitch doesn't take me out of the film, and I highly doubt an extra single frame would do that, I'm a happy camper. As far as I'm concerned Arrow's Deep Red is the definitive release.

As for hounding out Michael B, well that's their loss.
I'm the same, I rarely post because a) it's a clique that I'm not part of and b) their views are generally far out of the way of my own.

However it's a good place to get info about new releases as some of the guys seem to have inside industry info. I also like to log my releases on the site so I have an up-to-date collection database

The problem I have with those people is that they sometimes forget that they are lucky to have some of these films at all, they should embrace the releases as they come in rather than scrutinize them for the inevitable flaw that's lurking somewhere. 1st world problems and privilege!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th February 2016, 08:55 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm the same, I rarely post because a) it's a clique that I'm not part of and b) their views are generally far out of the way of my own.

However it's a good place to get info about new releases as some of the guys seem to have inside industry info. I also like to log my releases on the site so I have an up-to-date collection database
Exactly the same reasons why I frequent there.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 16th February 2016, 09:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
For TheReaperman.....

They couldn't even do it right, mate. They flipped the image from the poster.

Attachment 175756
Holy moley! That is one bad cover, it doesn't even look like Sho Kosugi. Does anyone remember the Pacesetter sleeve of City of the Living Dead? I would lump this in with that abomination.

Like this? Share it using the links below!