Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2016, 06:44 AM
Cult Addict

Sometimes facebook makes me cringe...

Someone posted a top 20 list from Quentin Tarantino ... a list, thats alll it was. Someone then decided to post that he was a 'F*****t' (Like the N word IMO) and that 'he had the world fooled'.

Beyond insane homophobes like that it also seems to be a pissing contest for who the biggest cult film fan is. I'm fairly certain that some of them migrate from blurage.com (copyright stephen)

That said there are also some great people on there, its about engaging with the sane and reasonable people and trying to avoid the weirdo's like the plague. That's why I use cult labs. weird as everyone is its not the 'step away slowly' knd of weird
Old 4th March 2016, 08:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I just wish that Facebook would just die already.

I hate how everything is being sucked up by that site, forcing you to join, if you wanna contact some of the companies and labels...

Oh well...eventually it will fall
Old 4th March 2016, 08:41 AM
Active Cultist

I think the war mainly start that arrow is not doing lots of movies as fans wants. People give suggestions and arrow is going different directions .
Old 4th March 2016, 09:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I just wish that Facebook would just die already.

I hate how everything is being sucked up by that site, forcing you to join, if you wanna contact some of the companies and labels...

Oh well...eventually it will fall
I deleted my proper Facebook account ages ago and now I have one which is literally a pseudonym and bunch of companies I want to follow and no 'people' I tend to not read comments outside of the official announcement either.

It's unfortunate though that in order to buy things I like such as limited run records and BDs I have to check that cesspool of a website every day.
Steel76, loki666, keirarts and 1 others like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th March 2016, 09:44 AM
Cult Master

When I had the pub, I learned one thing - if you are in business, nowadays FaceBook (and other social media sites) are essential
plasterface and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th March 2016, 09:55 AM
Cult Master

DVD Beaver - Black Mama, White Mama Blu-ray - Pam Grier
keirarts likes this.

Old 4th March 2016, 12:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Arrow are apparently releasing '90s Neo-Noir Suture.

I've never seen it myself, but it looks like something I'd enjoy.
Old 4th March 2016, 12:54 PM
Cult Master

Is Audition worth the upgrade from the Tartan DVD or should I wait for the next sale.
Old 4th March 2016, 03:10 PM
Cult Master

"Time for our June announcements! First up our one US only title…

NEW US ONLY TITLE: Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan Blu-ray / DVD

A definitive documentary about the movie industry’s most admired and influential special-effects auteur, the legendary Ray Harryhausen

The remarkable career of the movie industry’s most admired and influential special-effects auteur, the legendary Ray Harryhausen, is the subject of Gilles Penso’s definitive documentary Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan.

Leaving no doubt as to Harryhausen’s seminal influence on modern-day special effects, the documentary features enlightening and entertaining interviews with the man himself, Randy Cook, Peter Jackson, Nick Park, Phil Tippet, Terry Gilliam, Dennis Muren, John Landis, Guillermo del Toro, James Cameron, Steven Spielberg and many more. These filmmakers, who today push the boundaries of special effects movie-making, pay tribute to the father of Stop Motion animation and films such as ‘The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms’, ‘It Came from Beneath the Sea’, ‘The 7th Voyage of Sinbad’, ‘Mysterious Island’, ‘Jason and the Argonauts’ and ‘The Golden Voyage of Sinbad’ – the films that enthralled them as children and inspired them to become filmmakers in their own right.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
•Interviews with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Peter Lord, Rick Baker
•12 Interview outtakes with Joe Dante, John Lasseter, Nick Park and more!
•A message to Ray
•Deleted Scenes
•On the set of Sinbad
•Paris Cinematheque Q&A
•London Gate Theater Q&A
•Audio commentary with the filmmakers
•Original Trailer
•Ray Harryhausen Trailer Reel"
keirarts likes this.

Old 4th March 2016, 03:11 PM
Cult Master

"NEW UK/US TITLE: Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Vol 2 (Arrow Video) Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD

Three thrilling genre films feature some of Nikkatsu’s leading talent

UK Release Date: 13th June 2016
US Release Date: 14 June 2016
Region: Region Free

Nikkatsu, the oldest film studio in Japan, inaugurated a star system in the late 1950s, finding talent and contracting them to a series of wild genre pictures. This collection celebrates these “Diamond Guys” with three classic films from directors Buichi Saito (Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril), Ko Nakahira (Crazed Fruit), and Haruyasu Noguchi, who is a new discovery for the West.

In Saito’s Tokyo Mighty Guy, mega star Akira Kobayashi stars as Jiro in the rambunctious tale of a chef who opens a restaurant in the busy Ginza district. His culinary skills and dashing good looks bring in the women as well as unwanted trouble, while an explosive political scandal builds around his girlfriend’s business...

Next, Jo Shishido (Massacre Gun, Retaliation), one of the most popular Diamond Guys in the West, stars in Danger Paws, a crime caper from Ko Nakahira about counterfeiting. When one billion yen goes AWOL, “Joe the Ace” (Shishido) spies an opportunity to get rich quick, but things soon go wrong as it turns out he isn’t the only one who’ll stop at nothing to get his hands on the missing cash...

Finally, Shishido stars once again in Noguchi’s screwball classic Murder Unincorporated. When the mysterious “Joe of Spades” executes one of the bosses of a powerful syndicate, his colleagues, fearing for their own lives, call on the services of assassin agency Murder Unincorporated to take care of the problem. This unique entry showcases some of the most peculiar killing tactics to ever hit Japanese cinema!

Presented on DVD and Blu-ray for the first time in the West, these thrilling genre films feature some of Nikkatsu’s leading talent at the top of their game.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
•Limited Edition Blu-ray collection (3000 copies)
•High Definition digital transfers of all three films in this collection, from original film elements by Nikkatsu Corporation
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
•Original uncompressed mono audio
•Newly translated English subtitles
•Specially recorded video discussions with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp on Diamond Guys Jo Shishido and Akira Kobayashi
•Original trailers for all three films
•Extensive promotional image galleries for all films
•Reversible sleeve featuring brand new artwork by Graham Humphreys
•Booklet featuring new writing on all the films and director profiles by Stuart Galbraith IV, Tom Mes and Mark Schilling"

Like this? Share it using the links below!