Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2016, 04:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Personally as I've said before on here I'm not into Japanese horror or gangster films, they do nothing for me at all. I know a lot of people love J horror and the like, it's just not my bag. I'd love Arrow or another label to unleash Blind Dead onto blu.

I thought Arrow were moving into 88's territory with slashers but so far three titles isn't exactly groundbreaking.
Old 4th March 2016, 04:40 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
See, Michal.

You can hope and pray for a while longer for the films you want. Life is good!
I love return of killer tomato's so my prays are so far answered
plasterface and keirarts like this.
Old 4th March 2016, 04:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I remember the days when new releases from Arrow Video were things to be eagerly anticipated, met with a mixture of joy and despair because of the brilliant titles coming to DVD/BD but wondering how to pay for them all.

I don't think it's nostalgia or looking at the past with rose tinted glasses that, if the past few months are anything to go by, those days are long gone and, aside from the sales, purchases will be few and far between now and in the future.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th March 2016, 05:05 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It says 'Join us on Monday for our Arrow Academy slate'.

I thought those were the Academy releases.

I would have loved to have seen Return of the Killer Tomatoes make the Academy line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'll be getting Nikkatsu vol 2 definitely because part 1 was great.
Not a great slate though to be sure, I'm interested to see what the Academy releases are on Monday.
Me too (on both counts).

As I mentioned before, Suture looks interesting so I'll be in for that one too.
Old 4th March 2016, 05:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I remember the days when new releases from Arrow Video were things to be eagerly anticipated, met with a mixture of joy and despair because of the brilliant titles coming to DVD/BD but wondering how to pay for them all.

I don't think it's nostalgia or looking at the past with rose tinted glasses that, if the past few months are anything to go by, those days are long gone and, aside from the sales, purchases will be few and far between now and in the future.
I may be alone here but it's entirely the opposite for me.

I had no trouble paying for all the releases I wanted in the past when they were churning out one to two titles a month. However, since they've leaped into limited edition deluxe edition territory I'm finding I'm having to priortise my buying a lot more... plus, I have a bit more expendable income than I did in the Arrow days of yore too.

I currently have Blood Bath, Bride of Re-Animator, Death Walks Twice, Killer Dames, and Outlaw Gangster VIP on pre-order, which only span a few months between them. Those titles alone would have near enough comprised a 12 month slate for Arrow a few years ago.

I guess it comes down to what titles float your boat at the end of the day though.
keirarts and platostotal like this.
Old 4th March 2016, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

I would have loved to have seen Return of the Killer Tomatoes make the Academy line!

Me too (on both counts).

As I mentioned before, Suture looks interesting so I'll be in for that one too.
I'm going to watch the trailer for Suture when I get home from work, from the description I'll probably pick it up though.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th March 2016, 05:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I guess it comes down to what titles float your boat at the end of the day though.
Exactly!

None of this foreign subtitled rubbish...we just want gialli!

Old 4th March 2016, 05:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I may be alone here but it's entirely the opposite for me.

I had no trouble paying for all the releases I wanted in the past when they were churning out one to two titles a month. However, since they've leaped into limited edition deluxe edition territory I'm finding I'm having to priortise my buying a lot more... plus, I have a bit more expendable income than I did in the Arrow days of yore too.

I currently have Blood Bath, Bride of Re-Animator, Death Walks Twice, Killer Dames, and Outlaw Gangster VIP on pre-order, which only span a few months between them. Those titles alone would have near enough comprised a 12 month slate for Arrow a few years ago.

The last part is very true as I used to spend more money on more separate things – including ArrowDrome DVDs – than, as I do now, boxsets. I'm also a bit more discriminatory and more content to wait for sales than I used to be and haven't pre-ordered any of the titles you listed on preorder.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th March 2016, 05:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The last part is very true as I used to spend more money on more separate things – including ArrowDrome DVDs – than, as I do now, boxsets. I'm also a bit more discriminatory and more content to wait for sales than I used to be and haven't pre-ordered any of the titles you listed on preorder.
With the recent spate of sell-outs before/not long after release on certain Arrow products (Deep Red, Hellraiser, Society, Videodrome) and it almost becoming a scalpers playground out there, I tend to prioritise limited edition releases nowadays. For everything else I'll wait for the sales as you can often save a few quid a title just by holding out a few months, which all adds up in the long-term.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th March 2016, 05:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
With the recent spate of sell-outs before/not long after release on certain Arrow products (Deep Red, Hellraiser, Society, Videodrome) and it almost becoming a scalpers playground out there, I tend to prioritise limited edition releases nowadays. For everything else I'll wait for the sales as you can often save a few quid a title just by holding out a few months, which all adds up in the long-term.
That's true for me as well, so I suppose I buy more and spend more money than I originally thought.

Like this? Share it using the links below!