Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Rik 4th January 2013 02:05 PM

For those that still give a flying monkey's ass about Arrow, here's another brief announcement

We have a clutch of Blu-ray only releases coming up this year, if you're still DVD-only, 2013 might be the year to upgrade!

Even though I primarily buy Blu only these days(where applicable), seems like they're going to alienate those that haven't upgraded yet, Suzi/Demdike being two that spring to mind of the top of my head.
They will have to be stellar titles for people to change formats!

PaulD 4th January 2013 02:14 PM

Hmm interesting. Wonder why they're not doing them as dual format?

I am looking forward to their new announcements though.

darthelvis 4th January 2013 02:16 PM

Trying to stop buying DVD's now apart from anything that isn't coming to blu anytime soon. Excited to hear what is coming out next from Arrow.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th January 2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 308806)
For those that still give a flying monkey's ass about Arrow, here's another brief announcement

We have a clutch of Blu-ray only releases coming up this year, if you're still DVD-only, 2013 might be the year to upgrade!

Hmm, yeah, as your recent blu's have been so good. :rolleyes:

Criterion7 4th January 2013 02:19 PM

I'm still buying both. There are just too many good DVDs out there and not every BLU upgrade turns out better than the dvd unfortunately.

PaulD you can gladly have ScreamFactoryFan as a name.

Rik 4th January 2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 308818)
Hmm, yeah, as your recent blu's have been so good. :rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean, the ZFE Blu is amazing, unless you're Captain Birdseye and want to see a ship crossing the New York skyline..............:lol:

PaulD 4th January 2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 308819)
PaulD you can gladly have ScreamFactoryFan as a name.

Haha I was only joking about that!

Arrow's comment suggests that the Bluray releases won't even get an ArrowDrome version which I can only assume means its not financially viable for them to bring out a DVD when there's a bluray option.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th January 2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 308806)

Even though I primarily buy Blu only these days(where applicable), seems like they're going to alienate those that haven't upgraded yet, Suzi/Demdike being two that spring to mind of the top of my head.
They will have to be stellar titles for people to change formats!

We are now getting to the stage where many titles have already had dvd releases, the format is now fifteen years old aprox,and i've been collecting for that length of time as well.

So i would think they will only be re-releases of things that have already had releases at some stage, maybe not in the UK but somewhere where they have been easily obtainable.

As i'm currently dvd only, the releases of the Bava titles for example, never interested me as i've already had the films for years.

I think its unlikely Arrow will release something brand new to disc that has never had a previous release.

ReturnToZero 4th January 2013 02:39 PM

I'm always looking forward new announcement. Sometimes their good and sometimes bad but i don't see their point in choosing to release a film in BD only when they easily can make a dual-release.

But as Dem said maybe it's just BD versions of previous titles... we'll see.

the blob 4th January 2013 02:44 PM

At least Arrow can now advertise Baise Moi as fully uncut. There was just an error which meant the 12 seconds weren't on the disc.