Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2016, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict

No details yet but Arrow's have put this on FB.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! As today is one of our favourite times of the year we decided to celebrate with a special UK/US title reveal….

The HOUSE collection is coming to Arrow Video!

We’ll be sharing more information about both releases in the coming months so stay tuned and don’t come alone!
Old 31st October 2016, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Proper 80s/90s "classics" there was never a trip to the video shop without seeing at least the first 3 films on the shelves.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st October 2016, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Excuse my ignorance, is House 3 also known as The Horror Show? Or am I mixing stuff up?
If it is, I wonder if it'll be uncut unlike the US release.
Old 31st October 2016, 06:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default real horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Excuse my ignorance, is House 3 also known as The Horror Show? Or am I mixing stuff up?
If it is, I wonder if it'll be uncut unlike the US release.
yeah it is same film
Old 31st October 2016, 08:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

Hmmmmm, so this is a UK/US release. Shout Factory have The Horror Show, unless they've made a deal to include it, this could be only a boxset of 1&2, or worse still, 1-4 for the UK, and only 1,2 & 4 in the US.

Their wording about details of both releases, makes me think they might be different.
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st October 2016, 09:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wink

Arrow are purists so i doubt they'll include The Horror Show as it isn't an official 'House' movie. Real horror fans know this.... the ones who don't are going to be disappointed.
Old 1st November 2016, 04:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A while ago I said about Arrow's edition of The Bloodstained Butterfly looking wrong with terrible black level and inaccurate colours and that I expected Camera Obscura to fix that for their release, well they have just confirmed that they will indeed be doing that: The Official Camera Obscura Thread - Page 19 - Blu-ray Forum

Hopefully this will make you guys realise that I'm not talking nonsense about these Ritrovata remasters, I always get people saying they look fine to them and that there's nothing wrong, but if Camera Obscura are going to the time, expense, and trouble of giving it a 'completely new grading' then that certainly suggests something is very wrong with these remasters.
Old 1st November 2016, 05:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
A while ago I said about Arrow's edition of The Bloodstained Butterfly looking wrong with terrible black level and inaccurate colours and that I expected Camera Obscura to fix that for their release, well they have just confirmed that they will indeed be doing that: The Official Camera Obscura Thread - Page 19 - Blu-ray Forum

Hopefully this will make you guys realise that I'm not talking nonsense about these Ritrovata remasters, I always get people saying they look fine to them and that there's nothing wrong, but if Camera Obscura are going to the time, expense, and trouble of giving it a 'completely new grading' then that certainly suggests something is very wrong with these remasters.

Given camera obscuras track record it's likely if anyone can improve things they can

I think the bigger question is going to be will improvements in grading be enough to warrant splashing out potentially twice the price or more for an ok giallo

I think people like myself who don't notice these issues are not necessarily disagreeing with you, they just don't have eyes that are keen. I watch stuff on a bog standard 32 inch TV so I'm not really scanning everything for flaws. I've a bunch of camera obscura titles and can voucher for their quality but given cash flow issues I'd opt for cheaper titles given the chance. Shame arrow couldn't have spent more time on it though.
Old 1st November 2016, 07:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I wouldn't pay a fiver for the set. I've never been a fan of Lewis's films.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:01 AM
Cult Master

"The brand new UK poster for the upcoming 4k theatrical release of 'Donnie Darko' later this year. A special exclusive run at the BFI will kick off on December 17, followed by a nationwide release on December 23."

Paul@TheOverlook and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!