Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 11th November 2016 03:17 PM

Arrow Academy titles coming soon

michal 11th November 2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 510995)
No, no, no and no :(

i only pray that they explain to me one thing. what they mean that February will
be fantastic month. but i buy three of this horror movies soon but why they not
make this huge announcements that they promised

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th November 2016 03:19 PM

Tower of London, We Are the Flesh, and Willie Dynamite for me. We Are the Flesh sounds awesome... "Mexican arthouse"... :happy: ;)

Like others, I already own the fabulous BFI UK Blu of Psychomania, but good news for US folk who don't.

michal 11th November 2016 03:25 PM

lets hope for Giallo and Italian horror films films in march arrrow took long break from them .

Justin101 11th November 2016 03:27 PM

I haven't bought Psychomania yet but I am getting it very soon :) I've been holding off because I have got a whole Ikea BILLY bookshelf full of discs I haven't watched yet :lol: and that's not exaggerating :wise:

J Harker 11th November 2016 03:27 PM

Is that it?! 4 titles?? One of which is US only?

michal 11th November 2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 511008)
Is that it?! 4 titles?? One of which is US only?

Psychomania. strange they promised that this month will be special

Susan Foreman 11th November 2016 03:33 PM

Arrow Academy:

Time for our February announcements!

NEW UK ONLY TITLE: My Darling Clementine Blu-ray

One of John Ford’s finest works

Pre-order your copy: My Darling Clementine
Release Date: 27th February 2017

Wyatt Earp has long fascinated filmmakers. Actors from Burt Lancaster and James Stewart to Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner have played the legendary gunfighter, but no portrayal is more definitive that Henry Fonda’s in My Darling Clementine.

John Ford’s first Western since his seminal Stagecoach, My Darling Clementine ranks among the director’s finest. Telling the story of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, and the friendship between Earp and Doc Holliday, Ford renders this famous tale into a lyrical masterpiece, filmed in his beloved Monument Valley and full of iconic moments.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

•High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the 4K digital film restoration
•Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 sound
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Commentary by author Scott Eyman and Earp’s grandson, Wyatt Earp III
•John Ford and Monument Valley – a 2013 documentary on the director’s lifelong association with Utah’s Monument Valley containing interviews with Peter Cowie (author of John Ford and the American West), John Ford, John Wayne, Henry Fonda, James Stewart and Martin Scorsese
•Movie Masterclass – a 1988 episode of the Channel 4 series, devoted to My Darling Clementine and presented by Lindsay Anderson
•Lost and Gone Forever – a visual essay by Tag Gallagher on the themes that run through My Darling Clementine and the film’s relationship with John Ford’s other works
•Stills gallery
•Theatrical Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jay Shaw

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d7&oe=5887EAED

Susan Foreman 11th November 2016 03:35 PM

NEW UK ONLY TITLE: Woody Allen: Seven Films - 1986-1991 Blu-ray

Arrow Academy’s third Woody Allen collection spans 1986-91

Pre-order your copy: Woody Allen: Seven Films - 1986-1991
Release Date: 20th February 2017

Hannah and Her Sisters and Radio Days will also be released as stand-alone Blu-ray’s on the same day. Pre-order your copies via the links below:
Pre-order Hannah and Her Sisters: Hannah and Her Sisters
Pre-order Radio Days: Radio Days

Arrow Academy’s third Woody Allen collection spans 1986-91 and the bulk of his work with Mia Farrow, who is featured in all seven of these films. They start with the much-loved family saga Hannah and Her Sisters, a warm and witty return to Allen’s beloved Manhattan, and the nostalgic Radio Days, a collection of stories from the time of Allen’s own 1930s/40s childhood.

More sombre fare comes with the Chekhov-influenced ensemble piece September and Another Woman, with a tour de force role for Gena Rowlands as a middle-aged philosophy professor whose accidental eavesdropping makes her reassess her life. And with Crimes and Misdemeanors, Allen made one of his greatest films, a multi-layered and almost Dostoyevskian reflection on guilt that also finds room for some of his funniest one-liners.

The box concludes with two of his more fantastical films, the romantic comedy Alice, in which relationships are guided with the aid of mysterious ‘invisibility herbs’, and the black-and-white, star-studded Shadows and Fog, an homage to Kafka and German Expressionism that was based on Allen’s own one-act play Death.

Collection includes:
• Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
• Radio Days (1987)
• September (1987)
• Another Woman (1988)
• Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)
• Alice (1990)
• Shadows and Fog (1991)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...12&oe=58953457

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th November 2016 03:35 PM

Instant reaction:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could die happy without buying any of these and feel no compulsion to preorder anything announced today.