LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2016, 03:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
House 1 & 2 USA only?
Yeah, I think the UK are getting all of them whilst the US is only getting parts I and II.

Good to see the long rumoured Dead or Alive Trilogy get announced.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th December 2016, 03:11 PM
Cult Veteran

Pieces, but it's up for £32.99 on the Arrow site, surely that's wrong??
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th December 2016, 03:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Damn it was Pieces instead of Puzzle. I can't help but feel Arrow have missed the boat on that one considering most fans will have likely already picked up Grindhouse's version.
keirarts and sjconstable like this.
Old 9th December 2016, 03:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Damn it was Pieces instead of Puzzle. I can't help but feel Arrow have missed the boat on that one considering most fans will have likely already picked up Grindhouse's version.
Although they have tried to top Grindhouse with this version:

Pieces Deluxe Limited Edition (Dual Format, CD, Vinyl, Puzzle) ARROW STORE EXCLUSIVE
Old 9th December 2016, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran

I already have the soundtrack album so I'll give that one a miss and get the regular version.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th December 2016, 03:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I already have the soundtrack album so I'll give that one a miss and get the regular version.
I'm torn now... I don't have the soundtrack so this version is pretty damn tempting. I may end up selling my Grindhouse release and getting this one instead. Arrow always find a way of parting me from my money.

That said, this is a pretty lacklustre month for me considering everything outside of The Dead or Alive Trilogy is either a re-release, something I already own on import, or something that doesn't interest me (the House films). Good for those who are into the House films though as I know many people have been requesting these for years.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th December 2016, 03:27 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

So in for the House set. The Horror Show uncut!

IMG_9112.jpg

NEW UK ONLY TITLE: House I, II, III, IV Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD

Arrow Video is proud to present the complete House saga, brought together on Blu-ray for the first time!

Pre-order your copy here: http://bit.ly/2hd04xc
Release Date: 20th March 2017

Step inside, we’ve been expecting you! At long-last, Arrow Video is proud to present the complete House saga, brought together on Blu-ray for the first time!

In the original House, William Katt (Carrie) stars as Roger Cobb, a horror novelist struggling to pen his next bestseller. When he inherits his aunt’s creaky old mansion, Roger decides that he has found the ideal place in which to get some writing done. Unfortunately, the house’s monstrous supernatural residents have other ideas…

House II: The Second Story sees young Jesse (Arye Gross) moving into an old family mansion where his parents were mysteriously murdered years before. Plans for turning the place into a party pad are soon thwarted by the appearance of Jesse’s mummified great-great-grandfather, his mystical crystal skull and the zombie cowboy who’ll stop at nothing to lay his hands on it!

In House 3 (released domestically as The Horror Show) Lance Henriksen (Aliens) stars as a detective who sends a sadistic serial killer to the electric chair, only to find himself stalked by the maniac from beyond the grave.

Meanwhile, House IV: The Repossession has William Katt returning to the fold for one last terrifying tale that mixes seedy mobsters, Native American spirits and a singing pizza in perhaps the barmiest House entry of all!
From the team that brought you Friday the 13th, the House films are era-defining horror classics – now newly restored and loaded with brand new extras!

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Brand new 2K restorations of all four films
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•The House Companion – limited edition 60-page book featuring new writing on the entire House franchise by researcher Simon Barber, alongside a wealth of archive material

HOUSE:
•Audio commentary with director Steve Miner, producer Sean S. Cunningham, actor William Katt and screenwriter Ethan Wiley
•Ding Dong, You’re Dead! The Making of House – brand new documentary featuring interviews with Steve Miner, Sean S. Cunningham, Ethan Wiley, story creator Fred Dekker, stars William Katt, Kay Lenz, and George Wendt, composer Harry Manfredini, special make-up and creature effects artists Barney Burman, Brian Wade, James Belohovek, Shannon Shea, Kirk Thatcher, and Bill Sturgeon, special paintings artists Richard Hescox and William Stout, and stunt coordinator Kane Hodder
•Stills Gallery
•Theatrical Trailers

HOUSE II: THE SECOND STORY:
•Audio commentary with writer-director Ethan Wiley and producer Sean S. Cunningham
•It’s Getting Weirder! The Making of House II: The Second Story – brand new documentary featuring interviews with Ethan Wiley, Sean S. Cunningham, stars Arye Gross, Jonathan Stark, Lar Park Lincoln, and Devin DeVasquez, composer Harry Manfredini, special make-up & creature effects artists Chris Walas, Mike Smithson, visual effects supervisor Hoyt Yeatman, and stunt coordinator Kane Hodder
•Stills Gallery
•Theatrical Trailer

HOUSE III: THE HORROR SHOW:
•Uncut Version, for the first time on Blu-ray!
•Audio commentary with producer Sean S. Cunningham
•The Show Must Go On – interview with actor/stuntman Kane Hodder
•House Mother – interview with actress Rita Taggart
•Slaughter Inc. – brand new featurette with special make-up effects creators Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage
•Stills Gallery
•Theatrical Trailer

HOUSE IV: THE REPOSSESSION:
•Audio commentary with director Lewis Abernathy
•Home Deadly Home: The Making of House IV – brand new documentary featuring interviews with director Lewis Abernathy, producer Sean S. Cunningham, stars Terri Treas and William Katt, actor/stunt coordinator Kane Hodder, and composer Harry Manfredini
•Stills Gallery
•Theatrical Trailer
Old 9th December 2016, 03:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'll get the Pieces dual format at some point. I only have the film on one of those two films on one disc sets that came as ten film box sets. So although the quality is fine i'm sure Arrow's new release will look better.

The jigsaw version would be nice but it's just a novelty and i'd probably never open it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th December 2016, 03:34 PM
Active Cultist

March is best month for arrow so far i dubel dip for pieces and i also geting house collection .
Old 9th December 2016, 03:34 PM
Cult Master

Full specs #1

"NEW UK/US TITLE: Death Walks on High Heels + Death Walks at Midnight Blu-ray/DVD releases

Luciano Ercoli’s Death Walks films are two superlative examples of the giallo genre

Pre-order Death Walks on High Heels UK Blu-ray: Death Walks On High Heels
Pre-order Death Walks on High Heels UK DVD: Death Walks on High Heels
Pre-order Death Walks at Midnight UK Blu-ray: Death Walks at Midnight
Pre-order Death Walks at Midnight UK DVD: Death Walks at Midnight
North American pre-orders links should be live soon!

Release Dates: 27/28 March 2017

Death Walks on High Heels

Although less celebrated than some of his better known giallo peers such as Dario Argento, Mario Bava and Sergio Martino, late producer-turned-director Luciano Ercoli contributed three hugely entertaining and memorable entries to the genre – including this, his 1971 sophomore effort, Death Walks on High Heels.

Spanish-born model and actress Nieves Navarro stars as Nicole, an exotic dancer who finds herself terrorized by a black-clad assailant determined on procuring her murdered father’s stolen gems. Fleeing Paris in hopes of evading her knife-wielding pursuer, Nicole arrives in England only to discover that death stalks her at every corner.

With the scene-stealing Navarro at its center, Death Walks on High Heels manages to subvert the conventions of the giallo film by having a ballsy, well-rounded female protagonist to root for – representing a welcome departure from the neurotic stereotypes found elsewhere within the genre.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• 2K restoration from the original camera negative
• Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio
• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• Audio commentary by film critic Tim Lucas
• Introduction to the film by screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi
• From Spain with Love – featurette comprising newly-edited archive footage of director Luciano Ercoli and actress Nieves Navarro, interviewed at their home in Barcelona
• Master of Giallo – screenwriter Gastaldi on Death Walks on High Heels and how to write a successful giallo
• Death Walks to the Beat – a career-spanning interview with High Heels composer Stelvio Cipriani
• Original Italian and English Trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx

Death Walks at Midnight

The second film in Luciano Ercoli’s Death Walks series (and his third directorial effort to feature his wife Nieves Navarro, aka Susan Scott), Death Walks at Midnight is arguably the director’s masterpiece – aided in no small part by the screenwriting talents of giallo master Ernesto Gastaldi (Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key, Torso).

Navarro stars as Valentina – a model who, in the midst of a drug-fuelled photoshoot, witnesses a brutal murder in the apartment opposite hers. But when the authorities refuse to believe that a crime has been committed, Valentina is forced to assume the role of amateur sleuth in order to unravel the mystery.

Although Ercoli only made a small number of giallo films during his time as director, Death Walks at Midnight (with its ultra-stylized set-pieces and grisly murder sequences) would serve to forever cement his reputation within the genre.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• 2K restoration from the original camera negative
• Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio
• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• Audio commentary by film critic Tim Lucas
• Introduction to the film by screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi
• Extended TV version of the feature
• Crime Does Pay – screenwriter Gastaldi reflects on his career in the crime film-writing business, including a look at Death Walks at Midnight
• Desperately Seeking Susan – visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring the distinctive giallo collaborations between director Luciano Ercoli and star Nieves Navarro
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx"

keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 9th December 2016 at 03:47 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!