Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

platostotal 13th January 2017 11:56 PM

City of the Dead had me scratching my head, I saw it a few months ago so I must have a copy somewhere... can't find it at the mo... I think it's a Redemption dvd, Caltiki is kinda cool too.So another 2 in the Arrow que.

SymbioticFunction 14th January 2017 12:50 AM

Phantasm box set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 517094)
Not with those silly little cases it isn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 517095)
It is.

Opposed to 'bare discs' being stored in foam,anything is better.

Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Phantasm Collection coming from Arrow

^ I think that we're meant (once again) to store the discs in the sphere. That mock-up of the sphere has a seam across the middle. Presumable the interior will be a foam material once more. How fast do you think this will sell out at 10,000 copies? Do you think a lot of Phantasm fans worldwide will want to own it as a collector's item?

J Harker 14th January 2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 517154)
Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Phantasm Collection coming from Arrow

^ I think that we're meant (once again) to store the discs in the sphere. That mock-up of the sphere has a seam across the middle. Presumable the interior will be a foam material once more. How fast do you think this will sell out at 10,000 copies? Do you think a lot of Phantasm fans worldwide will want to own it as a collector's item?

That sphere looks absolutely identical to the old ABUK one. But surely the discs would be kept in those odd square lp type sleeves? Wish Arrow would be a bit clearer about what this actually is.

fuzzymctiger 14th January 2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 517160)
That sphere looks absolutely identical to the old ABUK one. But surely the discs would be kept in those odd square lp type sleeves? Wish Arrow would be a bit clearer about what this actually is.

The box looks too tall for them to be in the sphere. My guess is the sleeves and book go under the sphere somehow. Hopefully that doesnt mean the book will be square...

BAKA 14th January 2017 10:32 AM

The Sphere is smaller according to Louise.

Quote:

Hey guys, it is a different sphere. The discs in the Arrow version are house separately (they were inside the actual sphere in the AB version) and the sphere is also a bit smaller and seems pretty sturdy from the proof we have in at Arrow HQ. Hope that helps!
I'm about to pre-order mine now. I have £20 worth of points saved. So I'm glad it didn't end up launching on a microsite that circumvents the point system.

Killer announcements for my money though. Phantasm, Caltiki, The City Of The Dead, all definite pick ups with Wolf Guy and Catfight likely pick ups when reduced. Freda / Bava, Lee, the entire Phantasm collection including the new one, this is my kind of month. I genuinely thought they'd save the Phantasm set for Halloween.

Rob4 14th January 2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 517167)
I genuinely thought they'd save the Phantasm set for Halloween.

makes you wonder what they do have planned for Halloween......

Nostalgic 14th January 2017 11:43 AM

I'm hoping/wondering if Arrow would be able to do a Halloween box set with everything in it (tv cuts of parts 1&2, rob zombie's remakes, producer's cut of part 6) like the one released in the states?

My bank would hate me but Arrow could surely pull off a great set if they had the tights!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th January 2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 517177)
I'm hoping/wondering if Arrow would be able to do a Halloween box set with everything in it (tv cuts of parts 1&2, rob zombie's remakes, producer's cut of part 6) like the one released in the states?

My bank would hate me but Arrow could surely pull off a great set if they had the tights!

It's doubtful because Shout have the rights to Halloween in the US so i doubt they'd produce a box set solely for the UK market.

SymbioticFunction 14th January 2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 517160)

I think that the sphere looks a bit nicer this time around. I actually wondered if those square lp type sleeves might be cd jewel cases. I won't be very impressed if they're just flat pieces of cardboard. If that was the case, I'd end up putting the discs in separate amaray cases (unless I could actually buy a six disc amaray).

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 517167)
The Sphere is smaller according to Louise.

Quote:

Hey guys, it is a different sphere. The discs in the Arrow version are house separately (they were inside the actual sphere in the AB version) and the sphere is also a bit smaller and seems pretty sturdy from the proof we have in at Arrow HQ. Hope that helps!
Thanks for that, helps clear things up. I had actually thought that we were meant to store the discs in the sphere.

Graeme73 14th January 2017 12:55 PM

Noticed that Phantasm II was the only one without a 5.1 option.

Tweeted Fran Simeoni to ask if there was any chance of having it included (the SF version has it). He replied, saying he'd ask the producer...