Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2017, 11:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

City of the Dead had me scratching my head, I saw it a few months ago so I must have a copy somewhere... can't find it at the mo... I think it's a Redemption dvd, Caltiki is kinda cool too.So another 2 in the Arrow que.
Old 14th January 2017, 12:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Phantasm box set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not with those silly little cases it isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
It is.

Opposed to 'bare discs' being stored in foam,anything is better.
Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Phantasm Collection coming from Arrow

^ I think that we're meant (once again) to store the discs in the sphere. That mock-up of the sphere has a seam across the middle. Presumable the interior will be a foam material once more. How fast do you think this will sell out at 10,000 copies? Do you think a lot of Phantasm fans worldwide will want to own it as a collector's item?
Old 14th January 2017, 09:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Phantasm Collection coming from Arrow

^ I think that we're meant (once again) to store the discs in the sphere. That mock-up of the sphere has a seam across the middle. Presumable the interior will be a foam material once more. How fast do you think this will sell out at 10,000 copies? Do you think a lot of Phantasm fans worldwide will want to own it as a collector's item?
That sphere looks absolutely identical to the old ABUK one. But surely the discs would be kept in those odd square lp type sleeves? Wish Arrow would be a bit clearer about what this actually is.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 14th January 2017, 09:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
That sphere looks absolutely identical to the old ABUK one. But surely the discs would be kept in those odd square lp type sleeves? Wish Arrow would be a bit clearer about what this actually is.
The box looks too tall for them to be in the sphere. My guess is the sleeves and book go under the sphere somehow. Hopefully that doesnt mean the book will be square...

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 14th January 2017, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Sphere is smaller according to Louise.

Quote:
Hey guys, it is a different sphere. The discs in the Arrow version are house separately (they were inside the actual sphere in the AB version) and the sphere is also a bit smaller and seems pretty sturdy from the proof we have in at Arrow HQ. Hope that helps!
I'm about to pre-order mine now. I have £20 worth of points saved. So I'm glad it didn't end up launching on a microsite that circumvents the point system.

Killer announcements for my money though. Phantasm, Caltiki, The City Of The Dead, all definite pick ups with Wolf Guy and Catfight likely pick ups when reduced. Freda / Bava, Lee, the entire Phantasm collection including the new one, this is my kind of month. I genuinely thought they'd save the Phantasm set for Halloween.
Old 14th January 2017, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I genuinely thought they'd save the Phantasm set for Halloween.
makes you wonder what they do have planned for Halloween......
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 14th January 2017, 11:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm hoping/wondering if Arrow would be able to do a Halloween box set with everything in it (tv cuts of parts 1&2, rob zombie's remakes, producer's cut of part 6) like the one released in the states?

My bank would hate me but Arrow could surely pull off a great set if they had the tights!
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 14th January 2017, 12:36 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
I'm hoping/wondering if Arrow would be able to do a Halloween box set with everything in it (tv cuts of parts 1&2, rob zombie's remakes, producer's cut of part 6) like the one released in the states?

My bank would hate me but Arrow could surely pull off a great set if they had the tights!
It's doubtful because Shout have the rights to Halloween in the US so i doubt they'd produce a box set solely for the UK market.
Old 14th January 2017, 12:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I think that the sphere looks a bit nicer this time around. I actually wondered if those square lp type sleeves might be cd jewel cases. I won't be very impressed if they're just flat pieces of cardboard. If that was the case, I'd end up putting the discs in separate amaray cases (unless I could actually buy a six disc amaray).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
The Sphere is smaller according to Louise.
Quote:
Hey guys, it is a different sphere. The discs in the Arrow version are house separately (they were inside the actual sphere in the AB version) and the sphere is also a bit smaller and seems pretty sturdy from the proof we have in at Arrow HQ. Hope that helps!
Thanks for that, helps clear things up. I had actually thought that we were meant to store the discs in the sphere.
Old 14th January 2017, 12:55 PM
Cultist

Noticed that Phantasm II was the only one without a 5.1 option.

Tweeted Fran Simeoni to ask if there was any chance of having it included (the SF version has it). He replied, saying he'd ask the producer...

Like this? Share it using the links below!