Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2017, 02:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Am i correct in recalling the dvd's were all DTS?
Old 14th January 2017, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Phantasm Anchor Bay UK dvds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's right.
Old 14th January 2017, 05:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

the US set will hit before the Arrow set

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...iglink20280-20

i wonder if 10,000 is a bit over ambitious on Arrow's part given they won't have as many North American sales?
Old 14th January 2017, 07:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Do hmv do pre order price guarentee? Was going to order house box as its £35 at the moment. The rest of their prices seem crazy though!
Old 14th January 2017, 07:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Do hmv do pre order price guarentee? Was going to order house box as its £35 at the moment. The rest of their prices seem crazy though!
Quote:
PRE-ORDER PRICING

Where goods are offered for sale on the Website prior to general release, the price shown for those goods is subject to change. In the event that we reduce the price, we will charge you the lower price. In the event that we increase the price, we will charge you the price that was listed on the Website when you placed the order, unless the price was the subject of a pricing error, in which case we shall contact you to advise you of the correct price and if you wish to proceed with the order. In the event that you have already paid for a new release which we subsequently reduce in price, we shall refund you the difference between the original price and the new lower price to the original method of payment.
Old 14th January 2017, 08:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
ABUK were rather partial to there 5.1 and DTS remixes. Arrow on the other hand only seem to include them if someone else has already knocked one up. I enquired once if they were likely to include a surround mix on ZFE and I was told they are purists and will always endeavour to use original audio tracks.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 14th January 2017, 08:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
ABUK were rather partial to there 5.1 and DTS remixes. Arrow on the other hand only seem to include them if someone else has already knocked one up. I enquired once if they were likely to include a surround mix on ZFE and I was told they are purists and will always endeavour to use original audio tracks.
DTS doesn't need to be surround sound. It does offer a clearer sound which enables subtle detail to be heard as it isn't as compressed as others such as Dolby.

It's a shame companies can't go down the PCM route with these older titles. That would be even better.
Old 14th January 2017, 10:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
the US set will hit before the Arrow set

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...iglink20280-20

i wonder if 10,000 is a bit over ambitious on Arrow's part given they won't have as many North American sales?
The UK Anchor Bay dvd sphere set was limited to 25,000 copies and it still sold out. Even with a lenticular covered dvd boxset being sold at exactly the same time (and it was a lot harder to play region 2 PAL dvds). So I think Arrow shouldn't have any concerns. Plus Arrow nowadays has such a good reputation, that numerous US region free folks will be importing rather than buying the domestic release. I guess that the really hardcore fans will want to own both the UK and US boxsets? I suspect that many hardcore phans will want to buy the UK set as a desirable collectable.
Old 14th January 2017, 11:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
DTS doesn't need to be surround sound. It does offer a clearer sound which enables subtle detail to be heard as it isn't as compressed as others such as Dolby.

It's a shame companies can't go down the PCM route with these older titles. That would be even better.
Ah sorry Dem. I thought you were actually referring to the surround mix as opposed to the format. Many of Arrow's blus do provide lpcm tracks.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by J Harker; 14th January 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 15th January 2017, 01:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If amazon is anything to go by, I can see the phatasm boxset selling out, maybe not straight away but within in a month or two after release, as its number 2 seller in blu ray/TV and number one in blu ray.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsell...d_dp_ts_d_h__1

Like this? Share it using the links below!