Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
ZOMBIESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE
Hahaha, that would've been a great announcement for yesterday.
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hahaha, that would've been a great announcement for yesterday.
Why make it April Fools when it could be REAL!
Old 6th April 2012, 12:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with today's announcements, I was hoping for some new titles to be announced, not just rereleases/repackaging of existing ones. Other than the Demons films and HBTC, I can't remember the last time Arrow announced a title I'm interested in.
BAKA and Prince_Vajda like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th April 2012, 01:21 PM
Cult Addict

Hopefully Arrow are building up to something big.
I'm still getting the X-Rentals pack. Pure 90's right there!
Thats my child hood ladys and gents, keep your slasher nasties box set!

DVD and BD collection
Old 6th April 2012, 04:15 PM
Cultist

mmm i hope there are some big things lined up, because apart from the DEMONS & HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY blu's the only titles i've picked up recently have been DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE & THE DEADLY SPAWN, both great releases but there seems to be a lot of re-packaging/releases of titles already out & stuff i'm not bothered about, so cmon Arrow lets see some surprises for us....
BAKA and plasterface like this.
Old 8th April 2012, 05:47 AM
Cult Rookie

I think a total overhall release of Suspiria should be on the cards, with correct colour timing, and sound, as the Nouveaux Pictures transfer was awful.

Also a whole host of extras etc, and a better tagline on the front cover, instead of insulting "Taking trash seriously" Nouveaux used.

That would be for me, a first day buy release, as I've been waiting years for a definitive release.
BAKA and skankenstoned like this.
Old 8th April 2012, 07:42 AM
Active Cultist

wow..does it really say 'taking trash seriously'? that's about the stupidest thing you could ever put on the cover of suspiria.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd75dylan View Post
I think a total overhall release of Suspiria should be on the cards, with correct colour timing, and sound, as the Nouveaux Pictures transfer was awful.

Also a whole host of extras etc, and a better tagline on the front cover, instead of insulting "Taking trash seriously" Nouveaux used.

That would be for me, a first day buy release, as I've been waiting years for a definitive release.

The colour timing of Nouveaux Pictures' Suspiria Blu-ray is alright. Only few people (namely those who compare it to older DVD releases and those who think they remember how it looked in cinemas back in the day) think this new colour timing is "odd" or "incorrect". It's a film with an excessive use of colour - and that's exactly what the Blu-ray delivers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound either.

As for the 'tagline': what you're referring to is NOT a tagline. It's the slogan of Cine-Excess' and Nouveaux Pictures' label.

I don't think this should be released by Arrow Video. Of course, I'd love to see Suspiria in a white box (with four panels, poster, and a booklet). However, the current UK Blu-ray is excellent, and there are quite a few other films that Arrow should tackle - definitive Blu-ray editions of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Opera, and The Lair of the White Worm should be among them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
wow..does it really say 'taking trash seriously'? that's about the stupidest thing you could ever put on the cover of suspiria.
See above.

En passant, I would agree with the 'trash' tag for Suspiria - at least for its story. However, Suspiria is so much more than just the story - its stunning visuals and its energetic soundtrack make it one of the finest movies ever.

Greetings!
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

The colour timing of Nouveaux Pictures' Suspiria Blu-ray is alright. Only few people (namely those who compare it to older DVD releases and those who think they remember how it looked in cinemas back in the day) think this new colour timing is "odd" or "incorrect". It's a film with an excessive use of colour - and that's exactly what the Blu-ray delivers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound either.

As for the 'tagline': what you're referring to is NOT a tagline. It's the slogan of Cine-Excess' and Nouveaux Pictures' label.

I don't think this should be released by Arrow Video. Of course, I'd love to see Suspiria in a white box (with four panels, poster, and a booklet). However, the current UK Blu-ray is excellent, and there are quite a few other films that Arrow should tackle - definitive Blu-ray editions of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Opera, and The Lair of the White Worm should be among them.

See above.

En passant, I would agree with the 'trash' tag for Suspiria - at least for its story. However, Suspiria is so much more than just the story - its stunning visuals and its energetic soundtrack make it one of the finest movies ever.

Greetings!
That right there is a flame war prevented in a single post! Thank you my good sir!
Old 8th April 2012, 08:32 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

But the altered colours do ruin it (for some people)

Like this? Share it using the links below!