Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2012, 08:47 AM
Active Cultist

suspiria..trash..no matter how i try i cant make the two words fit. suspiria..MASTERPIECE! now that fits.
Old 8th April 2012, 02:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd75dylan View Post
I think a total overhall release of Suspiria should be on the cards, with correct colour timing, and sound, as the Nouveaux Pictures transfer was awful.

Also a whole host of extras etc, and a better tagline on the front cover, instead of insulting "Taking trash seriously" Nouveaux used.

That would be for me, a first day buy release, as I've been waiting years for a definitive release.
Completely agree. The film was done a disservice with the remastering, and it makes me sorry for the medium that so many 'fans' are so accepting of it. People can suggest that people are recollecting it wrong all they like, it really doesn't change the facts. There isn't a single print prior to the remastering that shows the same colour scheme, hell, Suspiria still crops up at festival circuits in it's original form, so that whole people remembering it wrong argument doesn't wash at all. Apparently a couple of DI-sourced Blu-ray remasterings have suffered a similar colour problem, which the people in the know point towards a 4:4:4 colour space being downconverted to 4:2:0. But whether that's true or not far beyond my understanding.

There is so much fuss all over the net about it, particularly on Italian forums that I'm certain there will be a new remastering of it, if anything just to milk more from the film.

Back on topic though, I echo Rik and Tombsy666's sentiments. I hope the move to Dual Formats does free up more cash for licensing stuff, because a lot of what Arrow are putting out just isn't for me, where once I used to buy the vast majority of what they put out. Hopefully we'll find out the answers to that picture teaser Arrow teased us with a while ago, as there looked to potentially be a few things that interested me.
Old 9th April 2012, 06:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

The colour timing of Nouveaux Pictures' Suspiria Blu-ray is alright. Only few people (namely those who compare it to older DVD releases and those who think they remember how it looked in cinemas back in the day) think this new colour timing is "odd" or "incorrect". It's a film with an excessive use of colour - and that's exactly what the Blu-ray delivers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound either.

As for the 'tagline': what you're referring to is NOT a tagline. It's the slogan of Cine-Excess' and Nouveaux Pictures' label.
The tagline is still referring to the film as trash, which is totally wrong, as it is a horror classic.

You are one of a few who are happy, compared to quite a lot reviewers on other websites, magazines, who have said that the colours bleed in to one another on quite a few occassion.

Oh and according to Melon Farmers, IMDB, and dvdcompare.
"It's missing a few seconds from the opening murder (mostly from the slow pan over the dead girl's body hanging from the ceiling; there's a noticeable jump cut in the music score when this happens."
Old 9th April 2012, 06:37 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd75dylan View Post
Oh and according to Melon Farmers, IMDB, and dvdcompare.
"It's missing a few seconds from the opening murder (mostly from the slow pan over the dead girl's body hanging from the ceiling; there's a noticeable jump cut in the music score when this happens."
I've watched the disc at least twice and didn't notice any cut. I'll have to give it another look – not that it's any hardship!
Old 9th April 2012, 07:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've watched the disc at least twice and didn't notice any cut. I'll have to give it another look – not that it's any hardship!
One part of the soundtrack stops and, without any pause or interruption, another part begins - but it really doesn't look like a cut to me.

Greetings!
Old 9th April 2012, 07:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
One part of the soundtrack stops and, without any pause or interruption, another part begins - but it really doesn't look like a cut to me.
I'll have a look later tonight or tomorrow and see what I think.
Old 22nd April 2012, 09:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

When are new announcements made again? Totally forgot
Old 22nd April 2012, 05:55 PM
Active Cultist

Should be next Friday.
Old 23rd April 2012, 03:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Any speculation on what will be announced?
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS
THE BURNING
HALLOWEEN 3
ALL ON BLU

OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES OH YES

Plus some Peter Jackson would be nice

Like this? Share it using the links below!