Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2012, 10:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I can see how these announcements can be divisive but as as huge Troma fan I'm over the moon with this - will even be double-dipping on these Arrow editions of Class of Nuke 'Em High and Surf Nazis Must Die, which I already own on BD and DVD respectively.

That Lady Snowblood steelbook also looks awesome!
Old 27th April 2012, 10:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I applaud your sanity in a most distressing time. Cheers!
I am disappointed with these announcements but I'm not going to start slagging Arrow off for their choices. Even though they are films I'm not bothered about, I'm sure they will be great packages for those that are, with decent transfers and loads of extras, great artwork to keep Reaps and Stephen happy etc.
What this means is that I'll have more money to concentrate on my little project for the summer, something I thought may get sidelined by today's announcements.
PaulD and fuzzymctiger like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th April 2012, 10:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Do yoy really want a big ass on the cover for Who Dares Wins?
A big ass is always welcome on a horror film or cheesy films though.
Probably didn't suit these films though. Maybe next announcement.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 27th April 2012, 10:11 AM
Cultist

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Arrow to be releasing Troma titles!

I've never seen Surf Nazis but I remember seeing a trailer for it a long time back which made me decide it wasn't worth buying!
However, perhaps I'll pick up the Arrow release if it's cheap enough.

I've got Class... & both releases of Combat Shock, from Troma and although I like them both, not sure if I really need another copy of each!...but...I'll probably buy them anyway just to keep my Arrow collection as complete as possible.

Hopefully though, we'll see some of the better Troma titles in future, like Mothers Day, Terror Firmer or Poultrygeist...
Old 27th April 2012, 10:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I'm a fan but I'm not a blind follower. I was like you once. I blindly bought because of a title or a cover or because I thought an extra might be cool. I'm not upset with Arrow I just feel bad for them. They got screwed here.
Combat Shock already has an incredible two disc version that sadly Arrow can't match. Go check it out on Amazon you'll see what I mean.
It makes me mad that it looks like Troma screwed over Arrow because whoever was making the deal for the films didn't know any better. Maybe they had to take the other films to get Class Of I'm not sure but I do know the Troma films very very well. I'd have preferred almost any other Troma film to this.
I'm very vocal here cause I'm trying to help. That and honestly if these don't do well than they learn from there mistake but if you blindly buy just because of the name it doesn't help the company it hurts it. Severely hurts it.
There was a time when Anchor Bay was a great company to buy from too. Now it's there for people who can't get the Blue Undground release. People blindly bought them too.
I now see most of the intelligence behind your words, and I have realized how your talking about the release and deals and things, not just crapping on Arrow for a crap film.

Plus I don't blindly buy something with Arrow on it, like some off the regular white cases which look like garbage, but I will if it's in a slipcase with 4 Panels

Old 27th April 2012, 10:13 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I am disappointed with these announcements but I'm not going to start slagging Arrow off for their choices. Even though they are films I'm not bothered about, I'm sure they will be great packages for those that are, with decent transfers and loads of extras, great artwork to keep Reaps and Stephen happy etc.
What this means is that I'll have more money to concentrate on my little project for the summer, something I thought may get sidelined by today's announcements.
As a person who loves original artwork, I'm sure I'll be very pleased. Not mamy Arrow releases that I've used the newly commisioned artwork, although I do like the new Graham Humphreys artwork so far, so looking to seeing what we get on thr reverse.
Old 27th April 2012, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Having projects is always better than blindly buying films.

Old 27th April 2012, 10:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Didn't mean to seem so rough I guess it just frustrates me. I slag cause I csre about them doing well. But I'm still picking up the Demons films and some earlier stuff though I might take this time to start beefing up my Shameless collection. I watched Vamp thus morning and Arrow worked so hard on putting it together it just frustrates me that the talented guys are forced to work on these.

From here on how I'm going to try and be positive. So what type of project are you working on? Anything film related?
Old 27th April 2012, 10:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Having projects is always better than blindly buying films.
Yeah, with the exception of Wild Geese and Who Dares Wins, I've never seen any of the others so they would be blind buys. My project is to build a Fuzz Face guitar effects pedal like Hendrix used from scratch, something that I've always fancied doing
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th April 2012, 10:34 AM
Cultist

I'm happy that Arrow have hopped into bed with Troma for these releases, hope to see some Toxic Avenger next!!!
darthelvis likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!