Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Of course it isn't!

I know loads of people that have upgraded DVD's to the blu-ray version of favourite films when they've gone HD, and none of them are what you'd class as collectors.
Steel76 and blu like this.
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Double dipping is only something collectors do, not the public at large.
I think he means like upgrading your DVDs to blu rays, which I think most sensible people will do eventually, like I'm (slowly) doing.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 2nd October 2012, 01:00 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Double dipping is only something collectors do, not the public at large.
i'm all for dual format
blu ray and dvd is a great idea
got a number of them
Old 5th October 2012, 11:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It sounds like we'll be getting the Q1 announcements by the end of October judging from comments made on their Facebook page. They also mention:

Quote:
Most releases next year are region B, invest in a region free player if you can!
I don't know why, but I'm quite excited. They mentioned the move away from the window packaging would free up more cash flow for licenses and we'd see the benefits of those in 2013, and with the most recent set of announcements it feels (to me) like they're moving back in line with what people are requesting most on these boards, so I'm hoping for a nice opening statement of intent from the Q1 announcements.

I probably have completely unrealistic expectations, but in 2013 from Arrow I'd love some more Bava on blu (even Lamberto would do), I wouldn't mind seeing them work with more Universal properties, Slasher films on blu (The Burning is at the top of my list; wouldn't mind the likes of Terror Train, or Sleepaway Camp either), especially from that golden period, it wouldn't feel like an Arrow release schedule without some Italian efforts! As Arrow already confirmed, we know some previous DVD releases are getting upgrades to blu, and I'd LOVE Opera, Sleepless, Silent Night Deadly Night, etc. Those are my hopes for 2013 anyway.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 5th October 2012, 12:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I want to see them secure some more exclusives, instead of films already available in other regions. Especially with them saying to invest in a multiregion player, seems foolish to just bring out films already released.
Old 5th October 2012, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
I want to see them secure some more exclusives, instead of films already available in other regions. Especially with them saying to invest in a multiregion player, seems foolish to just bring out films already released.
I personally hope they would never let a release in another territory stop them from licensing something desperately lacking a decent UK release, or something that has never been released on the format in the UK. I'm hoping Zombie Flesh Eaters will be a mammoth release for them, to steer them clear of this mentality personally, I don't think it's good for the industry. They have a primary market, and that should be their priority, imho.
Old 5th October 2012, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Arrow has to look towards what Scream factory is doing to see the right way to deliver on the hype.
Old 5th October 2012, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I agree. Some of the past releases from arrow have been disappointing IMO.
Old 16th October 2012, 07:40 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Arrow has to look towards what Scream factory is doing to see the right way to deliver on the hype.
Curious, what is Scream Factory doing that Arrow is missing the mark on?
Old 16th October 2012, 09:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamienelson View Post
Curious, what is Scream Factory doing that Arrow is missing the mark on?
They don't open themselves up by having a forum for people to constantly complain about their product. A wise business decision if ever there was one

Like this? Share it using the links below!