LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:19 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
Arrow won't replace a faulty product?! Are they not obliged to under the Sale of Goods Act 1979?

Consumer Rights - Faulty Goods (England)
That applies to Amazon, not Arrow, because Daemonia bought it from Amazon. It'll be useful to quote in correspondence when demanding a corrected disc.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

thats strange on arrows part i had a problem with something i ordered of amazon(think it was house by the cemetery). contacted them and they were more than happy to give a replacement, just need to give them a copy of my order confirmation.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:29 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That applies to Amazon, not Arrow, because Daemonia bought it from Amazon. It'll be useful to quote in correspondence when demanding a corrected disc.
True, but if Arrow are refusing to send replacements to anyone...

Surely that cannot be the case though? If its a widespread issue Arrow should request that Amazon send back their entire stock for replacement. A handful of emails to Amazon is not enough to cause them to request a full recall from Arrow.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:39 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
True, but if Arrow are refusing to send replacements to anyone...

Surely that cannot be the case though? If its a widespread issue Arrow should request that Amazon send back their entire stock for replacement. A handful of emails to Amazon is not enough to cause them to request a full recall from Arrow.
Possibly, but just in terms of Arrow's responsibility to customers, I believe they are only legally obligated to send corrected discs to those who bought the BD directly from them, not from a third party.

I'm not sure as I'm not a legal expert!
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I had my replacement from Amazon. It's another faulty one. What the hell are Amazon playing at? Shouldn't they have returned their faulty stock back to Arrow? Methinks they're flogging the faulty stock as for every one not returned is 100% profit for them, as they shouldn't, technically, have them.

Arrow won't let me do an exchange with them, so no point asking them again. This is getting f***ing stupid now. Do I just endlessly keep getting replacements from Amazon until I get a corrected disc?
Lawdy!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:57 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Possibly, but just in terms of Arrow's responsibility to customers, I believe they are only legally obligated to send corrected discs to those who bought the BD directly from them, not from a third party.

I'm not sure as I'm not a legal expert!
Me either but I believe you are correct there.

Its just a shame that retailers and Arrow can't communicate and get this resolved, because you should be able to order from any retailer without worrying about getting a faulty copy over and over!

I'm not sure if Daemonia or any other unfortunate person would be successful in getting their retailer to get a replacement from the manufacturer. From my experience, they don't have the capacity for such personalised customer service. They can only send you another copy from their stock (other than a product recall of course).

Btw, the title on the side of the Theatre of Blood steelbook IS supposed to read in the opposite direction to all other Arrow steels, right?
Old 2nd June 2014, 02:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I had my replacement from Amazon. It's another faulty one. What the hell are Amazon playing at? Shouldn't they have returned their faulty stock back to Arrow? Methinks they're flogging the faulty stock as for every one not returned is 100% profit for them, as they shouldn't, technically, have them.

Arrow won't let me do an exchange with them, so no point asking them again. This is getting f***ing stupid now. Do I just endlessly keep getting replacements from Amazon until I get a corrected disc?
The best thing to do would be send it back for a refund, and order it from Arrow.
Old 2nd June 2014, 05:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
The best thing to do would be send it back for a refund, and order it from Arrow.
True enough. But I'm being stubborn now, it's now my mission to get a proper copy from Amazon no matter how many times I have to try!

Aside from that, I figure I'm doing everyone a favour. Every copy I send back as faulty is one less in circulation.
Old 2nd June 2014, 05:49 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
True enough. But I'm being stubborn now, it's now my mission to get a proper copy from Amazon no matter how many times I have to try!

Aside from that, I figure I'm doing everyone a favour. Every copy I send back as faulty is one less in circulation.
Unless they just send it out to the next mug in line!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd June 2014, 06:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Features and reverse art for Remo Wiliams.

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the film from a digital transfer prepared by MGM Studios.
Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 PCM audio.
Isolated Music and Effects soundtrack.
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Audio commentary with producers Larry Spiegel and Judy Goldstein.
Remo, Rambo, Reagan and Reds: The Eighties Action Movie Explosion - all-new feature-length documentary from High Rising Productions focusing on a decade of cinematic destruction and Remo Williams's place among the carnage. Includes new interviews with genre expert Bey Logan, Remo producers Larry Spiegel and Judy Goldstein, celebrated directors Sam Firstenberg (American Ninja) and Mark L. Lester (Commando), producers Don Borchers (Angel) and Garrick Dion (Drive), filmmaker and scholar Howard S. Berger and Professor Susan Jeffords (author of Hard Bodies: Hollywood Masculinity in the Reagan Era).
When East Met West - Joel Grey reflects on his turn as Chiun.
Changing Faces - make-up expert Carl Fullerton discusses his Oscar nominated work on Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins.
Notes for a Nobleman - composer Craig Safan talks about his classic score.
Theatrical Trailer.
Reversible Sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Red Dress.
Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the origins of Remo Williams by Barry Forshaw and an on-set report from American Cinematographer magazine.

Like this? Share it using the links below!