Old 16th January 2015, 09:47 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The General Arrow Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
I absolutely love my Criterion blu of Videodrome, yeah it has a few shortcomings in the video department, but it's just the overall package that excites me. With that being said, as this is in my top 5 films of all time I will be getting Arrow's edition as well without a doubt.

If they pull out all the stops, like they have with Thief, this may be the definitive edition.
Old 16th January 2015, 11:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And Videodrome postcards have been found.....

Attachment 154244

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th January 2015, 10:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
If they pull out all the stops, like they have with Thief, this may be the definitive edition.
Or totally cock it up like they did Shivers....
Old 17th January 2015, 10:14 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Or totally cock it up like they did Shivers....
Maybe you should see about changing your username to 'The Voice of Doom' or 'The Wet Blanket"!
Old 17th January 2015, 10:24 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Maybe you should see about changing your username to 'The Voice of Doom' or 'The Wet Blanket"!

Totally! And Saying Arrow cocked it up? What, no blame to Cronenberg (who approved it), or the the people remastered it? Just Arrow?
Old 17th January 2015, 10:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I used to be a huge Arrow fan. But really, cock up after cock up slowly eroded my love for them. Maybe it's just me but I don't have the £100's some of you seem to spend every week, I have to pick and choose what I buy carefully and quite frankly my balls are sore from the amount of times Arrow have kicked me in them. Yes, they do, from time to time, put out outstanding versions, Nekromantik, I think, is probably the ultimate edition on the planet, but for every sterling release they put out, there is a turkey to counterbalance it.
Voice of Doom, maybe, Wet Blanket, perhaps but their record speaks for itself without any input from me so how about Voice of Reasonable Doubt or Slightly Damp Blanket...
Old 17th January 2015, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Totally! And Saying Arrow cocked it up? What, no blame to Cronenberg (who approved it), or the the people remastered it? Just Arrow?
Yes, just Arrow. They put it out....didn't they? Cronenburg apparently didn't even watch it through. Why would he, he didn't expect someone to give him a cut copy of his own film to watch. He knows what his film looked like.
Old 17th January 2015, 10:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Yes, just Arrow. They put it out....didn't they? Cronenburg apparently didn't even watch it through. Why would he, he didn't expect someone to give him a cut copy of his own film to watch. He knows what his film looked like.
Cronenberg approved and oversaw the restoration preformed by TIFF, supplied to Lionsgate, who then sent it "Director approved" to Arrow.

3 parties involved before it got to Arrow. With a label like director approved, you'd think Arrow could have complete trust that the transfer would be fine, not screwed up by the not one, not two, but 3 parties involved before it got to Arrow.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th January 2015, 10:40 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

So still nothing to do with the people who restored it then? Purely Arrow? Oooook then.
Old 17th January 2015, 10:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
So still nothing to do with the people who restored it then? Purely Arrow? Oooook then.
The restorers are given an item to restore. Their job is to restore what is given to them, not to check that the version given to them is the longest cut available before they do their job. It has absolutely nothing to do with them. If someone sends them a 55 minute cut of a 2 hour film and tells them to restore it, that is what they will do, not question that there is a longer cut out there. Really? Get a grip!

Cronenburg approved his film Shivers to be remastered and put out. His film, the one he made. It is stated that he didn't watch the version as he presumed it was his version of the film going out not some PG rated version. Why would he watch it, he made the bloody thing!

Arrow then receives the film to put out. What? Did no one watch it? This is quality control? Even if you decide that the restorers should take over Arrows job it still comes down to Arrow to check the product they are then selling. No?

No! Poor Arrow... not their fault at all....

Like this? Share it using the links below!