Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2015, 07:50 PM
Cult Rookie

I do not know if thi fits in here, but do you know the kind of feeling when you want to watch your arrived Blu-ray really badly (Maniac Cop), but you want to make a "personal event" out of it? I think an Arrow release is nothing for week nights, it is something special for me.
Old 7th May 2015, 08:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Saturday night when they've all fecked off upstairs.... in the words of Teddy DuChamp......Yeah... I cherish these moments.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th May 2015, 09:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I do not know if thi fits in here, but do you know the kind of feeling when you want to watch your arrived Blu-ray really badly (Maniac Cop), but you want to make a "personal event" out of it? I think an Arrow release is nothing for week nights, it is something special for me.

I feel like this with all the DVDs/blu Rays I buy. I watch Netflix or TiVo-ed movies during the week and try to save my physical media for the weekends, hopefully with a couple of pals and a few beers. Whenever I watch one alone and sober I feel like I've somehow done it a disservice.
Old 8th May 2015, 09:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I'm exactly the same, my watching relates to my mood which is often influenced by the time of the week. When I have a holiday from work it is usually to have film marathons, I'll set up the mattress downstairs and have a film love-in! Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to do this recently!
Old 8th May 2015, 10:28 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I normally watch films I have seen before during the week and keep films I have not til the weekend when my girlfriend is around she hates when I watch films without her that we both have not seen. A while back she was out with friends having a few drinks and she turned up at my house while I was watching a film we had both never seen she walked in " I F,in caught you " like I was with an other woman
Old 9th May 2015, 07:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Does anyone know how much The Long Good Friday is in HMV?
Old 9th May 2015, 08:32 AM
Cult Addict

£17.99. At least it was in mine yesterday.
tele1962 likes this.
Old 9th May 2015, 01:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Now THAT'S what I call an upgrade:

The Long Good Friday | Blu-ray: UK vs. Blu-ray: UK
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th May 2015, 11:33 PM
Cult Master

"** CONTAMINATION FINAL SPECS **

Here's the full line-up for our upcoming UK/US release of Contamination

· Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
· Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
· Newly translated subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
· Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
· Brand new audio commentary by filmmaker, Fangoria editor and Contamination super-fan Chris Alexander
· Notes on Fantasy Cinema: An archive documentary featuring behind-the-scenes footage and director Luigi Cozzi on the birth of Contamination
· 2014 Q&A with Cozzi and star Ian McCulloch
· Sound of the Cyclops: Maurizio Guarini on the music of Contamination – the Goblin keyboardist discusses Contamination’s dark, progressive rock score and a lifetime of making music for Italian terror
· Luigi Cozzi vs. Lewis Coates – a brand interview with the director in which he discusses his filmmaking career from past to present
· Imitation Is The Sincerest Form of Flattery: A Critical Analysis of the Italian Cash-in – a brand new featurette looking at the Italian genre movies which sought to cash-in on popular Hollywood blockbusters
· Theatrical Trailer
· Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
· Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Chris Alexander"
Steel76, keirarts, Vipp and 2 others like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th May 2015, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

They could release a few Eurocrime films as there seems to be a lack of releases here in the UK. Just a thought and maybe a few more Spaghetti Westerns like the Sartana films
keirarts, davcol and Graeme73 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!