Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2016, 03:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Dillinger, Gangster VIP, Zero Boys & Bride of Re-Animator for me.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 03:26 PM
Cult Master

Bride and Zero Boys and maybe Dillinger. I would imagine the VIP set will be over €100 for me so not sure on that.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 03:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was really disappointed with today's announcements - particularly due to stuff that has already been announced/released in box set form now being announced individually - but at least Bride of Re-animator has finally surfaced, so I have ordered it

I was really hoping for a Red Queen Kills 7 Times/Evelyn set announcement today though I must admit.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 03:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bride of Re-Animator for the extras, as I'm more than happy with the Capelight release.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 04:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
A pass on Bride if it's a digipak. I'll wait for a standard release in an amaray. I'm guessing it'll lose the disc with the R-rated version (which I'd never watch anyway).
Same here. I'm not overly fussed about the others either.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 04:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'd have preferred it if they'd released the 1945 version, with Lawrence Tierney playing John Dillinger. I consider that the better film, and the one I prefer.

Bride of Re-Animator is good fun, but I'm not paying over the odds for it. Maybe in the sale.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 05:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Arrow Video is using our materials without permission for THE STUFF just as they did PIT STOP. I hate airing this stuff but here are two emails from Alex Agran to Naomi about MARK OF THE DEVIlL for Arrow USA. Alex agreed after this no more of our work would be used for Arrow Video USA and they have gone back on this twice. Without answering emails and banning me from their Facebook page when I queried why they were acting like this.

I did not and never intended to air my anger with Arrow Video. I thought we were moving on and never having to think of them again - yet they continue to be a thorn in my side with actions such as this. A company which pushed Naomi and I away, predominantly because we were no longer BFI enough for their label manager Francesco Simeoni, is still promoting and using our materials to gain them sales in America.

The cheek of this is upsetting, especially since we once, stupidly, thought Alex Agran was a friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alex2.jpg (77.4 KB, 48 views)
Old 8th January 2016, 05:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Another email regarding Mark of the Devil for Arrow USA which was never about the money for us - we simply did not want it used. Eventually we agreed to a fee in the promise we would be putting all this behind us and the use of our materials for their American label would not happen again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alex1.jpg (84.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 8th January 2016, 05:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Pretty sure i used to Have The Zero Boys on pre-cert vhs.

Had people suspended upside down from trees on the cover i think.

One to pick up definitely.
I seem to remember really enjoying this when it came out on video. Is there not a subplot involving snuff movie making in a barn?
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th January 2016, 05:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Arrow Video is using our materials without permission for THE STUFF just as they did PIT STOP. I hate airing this stuff but here are two emails from Alex Agran to Naomi about MARK OF THE DEVIlL for Arrow USA. Alex agreed after this no more of our work would be used for Arrow Video USA and they have gone back on this twice. Without answering emails and banning me from their Facebook page when I queried why they were acting like this.

I did not and never intended to air my anger with Arrow Video. I thought we were moving on and never having to think of them again - yet they continue to be a thorn in my side with actions such as this. A company which pushed Naomi and I away, predominantly because we were no longer BFI enough for their label manager Francesco Simeoni, is still promoting and using our materials to gain them sales in America.

The cheek of this is upsetting, especially since we once, stupidly, thought Alex Agran was a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Another email regarding Mark of the Devil for Arrow USA which was never about the money for us - we simply did not want it used. Eventually we agreed to a fee in the promise we would be putting all this behind us and the use of our materials for their American label would not happen again.
It looks a little like intellectual property theft to me. Actually, maybe a lot like intellectual property theft.

Like this? Share it using the links below!