Old 11th June 2016, 10:01 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
That Italian poster is remarkable.
Old 11th June 2016, 10:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, the Italian one is a cracker! I also like the one where Michael Berryman's has a green face and red eyes. Where's that one from?

The announcement for Hills on Facebook has over 1100 likes. How many of the limited edition set do you think they'll release? Think it'll sell out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th June 2016, 09:28 AM
Cult Master

According to the MelonFarmers site:

"Arrow are now set to release the film [The Burning] on UK Blu-ray in the 2nd half of 2016."

Video Nasties News
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th June 2016, 09:51 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Yeah, the Italian one is a cracker! I also like the one where Michael Berryman's has a green face and red eyes. Where's that one from?

The announcement for Hills on Facebook has over 1100 likes. How many of the limited edition set do you think they'll release? Think it'll sell out?

It'll sell out quickly I reckon.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th June 2016, 01:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Hills Have Eyes' specs (separate DVD and Blu-Ray releases)

THE LUCKY ONES DIED FIRST…

Horror master Wes Craven achieved critical and commercial success with the likes of Scream and A Nightmare on Elm Street – but for many genre fans, the director’s seminal 1977 effort The Hills Have Eyes remains his masterpiece.

Taking a detour whilst on route to Los Angeles, the Carter family run into trouble when their campervan breaks down in the middle of the desert. Stranded, the family find themselves at the mercy of a group of monstrous cannibals lurking in the surrounding hills. With their lives under threat, the Carters are forced to fight back by any means necessary.

As gruelling a viewing experience today as it was upon initial release, The Hills Have Eyes stands alongside the likes of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Night of the Living Dead as one of the defining moments in American horror cinema.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restoration from original film elements, supervised by producer Peter Locke
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original mono audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • 6 x postcards
  • Reversible fold-out poster featuring new and original artwork
  • Limited edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Brad Stevens and a consideration of the Hills franchise by Ewan Cant, illustrated with original archive stills
  • Audio commentary with Wes Craven and Peter Locke
  • Looking Back on The Hills Have Eyes – making-of documentary featuring interviews with Craven, Locke, actors Michael Berryman, Dee Wallace, Janus Blythe, Robert Houston, Susan Lanier and director of photography Eric Saarinen
  • The Desert Sessions – brand new interview with composer Don Peake
  • Alternate ending, in HD for the first time
  • Trailers and TV Spots
  • Image Gallery
  • Original Screenplay (BD/DVD-ROM Content)
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
  • + MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Details:

Region: B
Rating: TBC
Duration: TBC
Language: English
Subtitles:
Aspect Ratio: TBC
Audio: TBC
Colour
Discs: 1
An uncut version of the excellent documentary, The American Nightmare, would be most welcome on the extras as the version on the UK Anchor Bay DVD was edited because it contained banned footage from Last House on the Left.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th June 2016, 01:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
An uncut version of the excellent documentary, The American Nightmare, would be most welcome on the extras as the version on the UK Anchor Bay DVD was edited because it contained banned footage from Last House on the Left.
Same thing would happen if Arrow were to include it as an extra.
Old 12th June 2016, 04:40 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayzeUK View Post
Same thing would happen if Arrow were to include it as an extra.
I doubt it, Last House was passed uncut in 2008.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th June 2016, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the 'Video Nasties: censorship and moral panic' documentary managed to get some banned footage inside their film using the argument that it was only being shown as a reference point and it wasn't in the context of a storyline.

keirarts likes this.
Old 12th June 2016, 05:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Plus, I'm pretty sure that the 'Video Nasties: censorship and moral panic' documentary managed to get some banned footage inside their film using the argument that it was only being shown as a reference point and it wasn't in the context of a storyline
But the use of clips being shown out of context was the main 'arguement' that the DPP came up with during the original 'nasties' scare - methods that the BBFC used to qualify the banning of films under the VRA (Video Recording Act) of 1984. They put together a showcase of 'gore' scenes from various films and basically screened this for media folk for shock value. It was a tactic so clever that it momentarily convinced die-hard horror fans that censorship was essential. But as the clips were out of context it was a sly move. Think on it … if somebody showed you just the clips of the severed arm, decapitated head, and Quint’s death from “Jaws” (1975) and nothing else … what kind of film would you think it was?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th June 2016, 05:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

True, true. They spoke about that in the aforementioned documentary. The fella says he was there for the screening of a load of horrifying little clips only for James Ferman to stand up and tell his audience "...and now I'll show you the uncensored clips..." A clever strategy!

Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!