Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26035Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2016, 08:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default box set

i think if you plump for one of the box sets it should be the deluxe version. I am glad I am not a big fan of the director otherwise i would have been in a quandary whether to buy it as i'd feel guilty spending that much money on something that could go towards a holiday or something. I love those deluxe sideshow/hot toys figures but i could ever bring myself to pay £150-200 for them for same reason. I think with these larger boxsets they should give a choice of blu or dvd versions just to make them cheaper . The standard boxset seems far too much.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th July 2016, 08:32 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Really hoping this stays available until tonight when I get paid....if not I'll go for the Amazon version but would love all the extra goodies.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 26th July 2016, 10:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think I'll just go for the Amazon version. The extra goodies are wonderful but I'd probably only read/use them once...as long as I get the films in HD I'm happy. It's a lot of expense in a month where I am moving house so..yeah...
Old 26th July 2016, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just noticed on Arrow's FB, that they are now offering shipping of the Shock and Gore boxset to other European countries as well. Under 70 copies left at the time of writing.

Hope I can still get my delivery address changed.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 26th July 2016, 02:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
Just noticed on Arrow's FB, that they are now offering shipping of the Shock and Gore boxset to other European countries as well. Under 70 copies left at the time of writing.

Hope I can still get my delivery address changed.
Great news.
Old 26th July 2016, 04:25 PM
Cult Rookie

just gave in and bought the shock and gore edition, i know it would just annoy me when i changed my mind wanting to buy it only to have it sell out and be on ebay for 5 times the rrp, ill just not buy anymore blu rays for a month or two its not as if there's a really good box set coming up soon. (sod it forgot about female scorpion!!!)
Old 26th July 2016, 04:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeton_up View Post
just gave in and bought the shock and gore edition, i know it would just annoy me when i changed my mind wanting to buy it only to have it sell out and be on ebay for 5 times the rrp, ill just not buy anymore blu rays for a month or two its not as if there's a really good box set coming up soon. (sod it forgot about female scorpion!!!)
Bet you can't. Movie buying is an addiction.
Old 26th July 2016, 04:40 PM
Cult Rookie

your probably right lol
Old 26th July 2016, 04:50 PM
Cult Master

"**MATINEE FINAL SPECS**

HALF MAN… HALF ANT… ALL TERROR!

So says the advertising campaign for Mant!, the latest low-budget schlock-horror classic from cigar-chomping producer Lawrence Woolsey (John Goodman, The Big Lebowski), who more than makes up for his films' lack of production values by festooning them with gimmicks that would turn even William Castle (The Tingler) green with envy.

But the most potent gimmick of all is accidental: Woolsey schedules a sneak preview of Mant! in Key West, Florida, in October 1962, unaware that the Cuban missile crisis is about to flare up. Will the threat of genuine nuclear war distract the locals from the movie, or will they find it doubly terrifying?

Directed by the legendary Joe Dante (The ’Burbs), this delightful film isn’t just an affectionate love-letter to the sci-fi and horror films that he grew up with in the 1950s and 60s, it’s also a witty and intelligent exploration of the way that the most successful genre films worked by preying on the very real fears of their audiences about everything from Soviet satellite launches to atomic mutation.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
•High definition digital transfer supplied by NBC Universal
•Lossless stereo audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Newly edited interviews with director Joe Dante and select cast and crew members
•Paranoia in Ant Vision, a discussion with Joe Dante about the making of the film
•Mant!, the full length version of the film-within-a-film
•Introduction to Mant! by Joe Dante
•Vintage ‘making of’ featurette
•Rare on-set footage, sourced from Joe Dante’s personal collection
•Deleted and extended scenes sourced from Joe Dante’s workprint
•Original theatrical trailer
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys

First pressing only: Booklet featuring new writing on the film by David Jenkins"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th July 2016, 05:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeton_up View Post
its not as if there's a really good box set coming up soon. (sod it forgot about female scorpion!!!)
You might want to hold off on the Female Scorpion box set for a bit anyway as there are already (How do they know so quick?) complaints on the quality of the prints.
Apparently Arrow were given poor quality 35 mm prints that after "restoring" have been all left with a blue tinge.
It has put me off a bit but I also think that there is not likely to be a better release in the foreseeable future.
I guess it's one of those suck it and see releases, you'll either get it or not!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!