Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2016, 05:29 PM
Cult Rookie

didnt know that,you might have saved me £60 , now just have to find faults with some other preorders i have and the shock and gore box set pays for itself thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 10:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just read that Kevin (who has worked for Eureka for many years) has left the company and has a new appointment as Head of Catalogue Production and Acquisitions at Arrow.
Old 26th July 2016, 10:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Just read that Kevin (who has worked for Eureka for many years) has left the company and has a new appointment as Head of Catalogue Production and Acquisitions at Arrow.
Says a lot about the direction in which Arrow want to take the company.
Old 26th July 2016, 10:26 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Says a lot about the direction in which Arrow want to take the company.
I wouldn't be too sure yet... I think Kevin wanted to take Eureka in new directions with the 'Eureka Classics' imprint with titles such as Blacula/Scream Blacula Scream, Ganja & Hess, The Man Who Could Cheat Death, The Other, The Skull, The Town that Dreaded Sundown etc. He was also a big advocator of Eureka's 'Monster Pictures' incarnation which released stuff like The ABCs of Death and The Human Centipede films. Plus, in all the years I've read his various input and conversed with him (albeit sporadically) he's always been a very refreshing and pleasant character with obvious passion for what he does, so I'd say we're in for some potentially interesting times ahead.

There are also rumours going around that Eureka may have struck a deal with Sony UK, which could mean that Arrow have too - this could mean we'd see titles like The Big Heat, Bunny Lake is Missing, Body Double, Christine, Fright Night etc. get UK releases.
Old 26th July 2016, 10:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I had no idea Monster Pictures were part of Eureka.
J Harker likes this.
Old 26th July 2016, 11:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't be too sure yet... I think Kevin wanted to take Eureka in new directions with the 'Eureka Classics' imprint with titles such as Blacula/Scream Blacula Scream, Ganja & Hess, The Man Who Could Cheat Death, The Other, The Skull, The Town that Dreaded Sundown etc. He was also a big advocator of Eureka's 'Monster Pictures' incarnation which released stuff like The ABCs of Death and The Human Centipede films. Plus, in all the years I've read his various input and conversed with him (albeit sporadically) he's always been a very refreshing and pleasant character with obvious passion for what he does, so I'd say we're in for some potentially interesting times ahead.

There are also rumours going around that Eureka may have struck a deal with Sony UK, which could mean that Arrow have too - this could mean we'd see titles like The Big Heat, Bunny Lake is Missing, Body Double, Christine, Fright Night etc. get UK releases.
Certainly interesting and promising information.
Old 26th July 2016, 11:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't know whether to get the female scorpion boxset now, I overlooked the Killer Dames one to save up for the female scorpion, fancied taking a gamble and get some more japanese films in my collection but not sure with the apparent problems with the transfer , should i play it safe and get killer dames, I do already have the black cat and death walks twice sets

Gialli's i like have been bava, and things like giallo in the vern of strange vice of mrs wards and What have you done to solange , forbidden Photos... and all of Fulci's apart from Lizards Skin.

Do you guys think I will like the two films in the killer dames set?
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th July 2016, 06:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Don't know whether to get the female scorpion boxset now, I overlooked the Killer Dames one to save up for the female scorpion, fancied taking a gamble and get some more japanese films in my collection but not sure with the apparent problems with the transfer , should i play it safe and get killer dames, I do already have the black cat and death walks twice sets

Gialli's i like have been bava, and things like giallo in the vern of strange vice of mrs wards and What have you done to solange , forbidden Photos... and all of Fulci's apart from Lizards Skin.

Do you guys think I will like the two films in the killer dames set?
Difficult to say. I personally also love all the films you mentioned (except Forbidden Photos which I think is a little mediocre), however Lizard is my favourite Fulci and one of my favourite gialli too.

The Killer Dames set includes Red Queen which is also one of my favourite gialli, however whilst I enjoy Evelyn it's not a favourite of mine. It's also not really a giallo in the traditional sense and actually has more in common with Bava's supernatural / gothic works so you may actually enjoy it a fair bit going off your comments above - it's a little less 'polished' than a lot of Bava's films though.

I suppose you could always wait for the stand-alone releases and pick them up cheap in a future sale, although as you own the Black Cats and Death Walks Twice sets already, for me, Killer Dames is the best of three (there's not really a lot in it though).
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th July 2016, 07:09 AM
Cult Addict

The female prisoner is a tough one.

It'll be a case of whether another firm will be able to coax better materials from Japan then wrangle some decent extras. I'm a sucker for Japanese exploitation so I'll keep my order.
Old 27th July 2016, 08:24 AM
Active Cultist

SHOCK AND GORE: THE FILMS OF HERSCHELL GORDON LEWIS

Sold Out!!!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!