LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2016, 09:53 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't be too sure yet... I think Kevin wanted to take Eureka in new directions with the 'Eureka Classics' imprint with titles such as Blacula/Scream Blacula Scream, Ganja & Hess, The Man Who Could Cheat Death, The Other, The Skull, The Town that Dreaded Sundown etc. He was also a big advocator of Eureka's 'Monster Pictures' incarnation which released stuff like The ABCs of Death and The Human Centipede films. Plus, in all the years I've read his various input and conversed with him (albeit sporadically) he's always been a very refreshing and pleasant character with obvious passion for what he does, so I'd say we're in for some potentially interesting times ahead.

There are also rumours going around that Eureka may have struck a deal with Sony UK, which could mean that Arrow have too - this could mean we'd see titles like The Big Heat, Bunny Lake is Missing, Body Double, Christine, Fright Night etc. get UK releases.
I hope he has been brought in for titles like those you mentioned rather than the 'traditional' Eureka/Masters of Cinema films which are masterpieces, but either best dealt with by Eureka or Criterion. There is a lot of potential for some fascinating and varied titles, which will probably be very expensive for consumers who, like me, much prefer to own those shiny plastic discs!
Old 27th July 2016, 10:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Says a lot about the direction in which Arrow want to take the company.
Actually, I'd argue that it says next to nothing. I've worked with Kevin extensively over the last couple of years, and his tastes are so similar to those of his counterparts at Arrow (as mentioned above, Eureka Classics is very much his baby), that I occasionally forget whether or not I'm currently working on an Arrow or Eureka release - which is surprisingly easy to do when you're just handling raw digital files, the menus and packaging haven't been created yet, and you're only communicating with people via email.

A case in point: I oversaw the final production of Eureka's Blacula/Scream Blacula Scream double bill last year, and last week I signed off on Arrow's Count Yorga Collection - different companies, but with the same people involved at the physical production end (me and David Mackenzie), to pretty much exactly the same formula. (Deliberately so, as Blacula was apparently something of a surprise hit for Eureka - I told them upfront that I was nicking their formula but I promised to plug the Blacula films in the extras, and they were totally cool about it.)
Old 27th July 2016, 10:25 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Actually, I'd argue that it says next to nothing. I've worked with Kevin extensively over the last couple of years, and his tastes are so similar to those of his counterparts at Arrow (as mentioned above, Eureka Classics is very much his baby), that I occasionally forget whether or not I'm currently working on an Arrow or Eureka release - which is surprisingly easy to do when you're just handling raw digital files, the menus and packaging haven't been created yet, and you're only communicating with people via email.
That's kind of my point, with Arrow (mostly) moving well away from the films with which they made their name (as Arrow Video) and developed a large and thriving fan base: Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, George Romero, Troma, and slashers such as Christmas Evil and Silent Night, Deadly Night.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th July 2016, 01:26 PM
Cult Master

"***SHOCK AND GORE RELEASE UPDATE/ WAIT LIST***

Aaaaand Shock and Gore has now sold out in the UK and US! We can't thank you all enough for the amazing reaction to this release!

So there is a possibility that we may have a few cancellations prior to release (however we cannot say for certain) so we have decided to set up a wait list for the UK set here: Shock and Gore Wait List

All you need to do is fill in all the required fields and you will be added to the list. Please note that joining this list will NOT guarantee that you will receive a copy of Shock and Gore: The Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis but if sets do become available these will be offered out to the people on the list on a first come first served basis."
keirarts and DayzeUK like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th July 2016, 01:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Statement from Arrow with regards to the Female Prisoner Scorpion transfers.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th July 2016, 02:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I love that statement.

I'm sure it looks as good as is possible.

Still might not look great though however they dress up the mastering of the transfer.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 27th July 2016, 02:13 PM
Cult Rookie

sounds like there preparing us for a weak looking transfer, but it also sounds like they've done all they can do with what they had been given and i don't see a better release of scorpion showing up any time soon.

cant decide
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 27th July 2016, 03:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I hope he has been brought in for titles like those you mentioned rather than the 'traditional' Eureka/Masters of Cinema films which are masterpieces, but either best dealt with by Eureka or Criterion. There is a lot of potential for some fascinating and varied titles, which will probably be very expensive for consumers who, like me, much prefer to own those shiny plastic discs!
I actually find it amusing they pay someone to do this. I got 88's slasher titles, the whole first batch of their Italian stuff, signed their Shaw/ Asia line and have just hooked them up with some other new movies for just some personal satisfaction. All of that would be with Arrow if they had played nice and the financial benefits to them goes without saying.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th July 2016, 04:25 PM
Cult Master

"***SHIVER REPLACEMENT PROGRAMME UPDATE***

Just a heads up that as of July 31st we will no longer be accepting requests for replacement discs via the following online form: http://bit.ly/1RR2g4W If you do find yourself with a uncorrected copy of Shivers from August 1st onward never fear! You can drop us a line at product@arrowfilms.co.uk and the team can look into your replacement request.

If you have a copy of Shivers and aren't sure if it needs to be replaced please follow the link below for more information."

The Video Deck: ***SHIVERS REPLACEMENT PROGRAMME MEGA UPDATE***
keirarts and DayzeUK like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th July 2016, 08:09 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Female Prisoner Scorpion dispatched from Arrow HQ!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!