Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I quite liked the Vipco cover....

It was class mate!

I still have the 'harder to find' Vipco dvd release with the skulls and Vault of Horror across the top!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th September 2016, 06:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Did you like the Vipco cover S?
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th September 2016, 08:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Did you like the Vipco cover S?

It's not bad. You know me though, i'll always go with the original, even it's bad. Remember my moaning about the Hired To Kill reverse art, until I found out it was the original pre-release poster?
Old 14th September 2016, 04:19 PM
Cult Addict

Whats the deal with The Burning amaray? According to Arrows own site its not out til Dec 19th yet its listed as 'stock on order' and my order history claims its at The Warehouse.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th September 2016, 06:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Whats the deal with The Burning amaray? According to Arrows own site its not out til Dec 19th yet its listed as 'stock on order' and my order history claims its at The Warehouse.
That always happens. As soon as you order anything from Arrow whether in-stock, out of stock or pre-order it flags as at the warehouse until it ships.
J Harker likes this.
Old 14th September 2016, 07:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
That always happens. As soon as you order anything from Arrow whether in-stock, out of stock or pre-order it flags as at the warehouse until it ships.
Ah furry muff, cheers Browneye.
Old 15th September 2016, 08:23 AM
Cult Master

The Hills Have Eyes | Mondo Digital
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th September 2016, 04:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Superb news!
Craven's finest hour gets the best treatment since AB's dvd release!
keirarts likes this.

Old 16th September 2016, 08:24 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy:

"***DEKALOG FINAL ART + SPECS***

The time has come for us to reveal the final art and specs for our upcoming release of Krzysztof Kieślowski's Dekalog and Other TV Works. Check out the full details below and, if you haven't already, pre-order your set via the links below.

Pre-order your copy direct here: Dekalog and Other TV Works Dual-Format Blu-ray & DVD
Pre-order your copy via Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2ccOzPJ

------------------------------

Krzysztof Kieślowski’s Dekalog is one of the greatest achievements of the late twentieth century – as much an intricate work of moral philosophy as it is a collection of psychologically riveting narratives. Each standalone story revolves around the consequences arising from a breach of one of the Ten Commandments, but this is no finger-wagging religious tract: Kieślowski was one of film history’s keenest observers of human nature, and his troubled, vainglorious, self-deceiving, deeply flawed characters (many played by some of Poland’s finest character actors) are all too universally recognisable.

Dekalog is merely the highlight of a box set that compiles virtually all of Kieślowski’s television work, starting with his first professional short fiction film and continuing with four feature-length pieces that are in every way as probing and incisive as his better-known cinema films.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
• 4K restoration of all ten episodes, presented in their original broadcast aspect ratios
• Original Polish mono soundtrack (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays), with optional English subtitles
• Pedestrian Subway (1973, 29 mins, HD), Kieślowski’s professional fiction debut, about a man trying to repair a failed marriage
• First Love (1974, 52 mins, SD), a docudrama about a teenage couple coping with an unwanted pregnancy
• Personnel (1975, 67 mins, SD), Kieślowski’s first feature-length fiction film, a partly autobiographical piece about a Warsaw theatre company
• The Calm (1976, 82 mins, SD), one of Kieślowski’s most powerful early films, about a man rebuilding his life in mid-70s Poland after a short prison sentence
• Short Working Day (1981, 73 mins, HD), Kieślowski’s study of a political strike, controversially told
from the viewpoint of a Communist functionary trying to keep order
• Still Alive (2007), an affectionate 82-minute portrait of the director by his former student Maria Zmarz-Koczanowicz, including interviews with dozens of friends and colleagues
• The Guardian Interview: Krzysztof Kieślowski (93 mins), an onstage conversation with Derek Malcolm at London’s National Film Theatre on 2 April 1990 to mark the British premiere of Dekalog
• Dekalog: An Appreciation (78 mins), in which critic Tony Rayns, a Kieślowski champion for many decades, pays tribute to his masterpiece
• KKTV (75 mins), Polish cinema expert Michael Brooke explores Kieślowski’s small-screen output in the context of his work as a whole
• 128-page collector’s book featuring a lengthy essay on Dekalog and Kieślowski by Father Marek Lis, plus Kieślowski’s own intensely self-critical discussion of all the films in this set and Stanley Kubrick’s famous eulogy to Kieślowski and co-writer Krzysztof Piesiewicz"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th September 2016, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Has anyone ever seen this "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" Arrow Steelbook with slipcase? I'm assuming this is fan art or something...?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262598235879

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!