LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2017, 10:49 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Only from third party sellers. Well Go says Amazon got 3800 of them and it looks like they're all gone. Most of the rest went to Best Buy.
Great set mate.You won't be disappointed.

They're region locked btw for anyone tempted who hasn't a MR player.....
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st May 2017, 11:47 PM
Cultist

Hi all.

It's been a long time since I've been on here.

I was wondering, are there any differences between the Arrow DVD's released in White digipacks and the releases in keep-cases?

I mean do the releases with keep-cases have the same posters / reversible covers etc? Is one version preferable over the other?

I'm just wondering because the White digi-packs seem so much thicker than the keep-cases.

Thanks in advance.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:59 AM
Cult Addict

Pulled the trigger on Arrows release of Phantasm. Mainly because I dug out a bunch of old Gundam wing DVD sets with figures included that have been on my shelf for well over a decade and unloaded them for £150. Also paid for several other titles as well including new battles without honour or humanity, one I was a lot more keen on. I think going forward I'm going to be a lot more cautious about importing, and something like phantasm end up waiting for budget releases as I'm getting collectors fatigue. I actually managed to pass on the last batch of code red discs.
Old 2nd May 2017, 08:04 AM
Cult Addict

Also..... One week on and no sign of City of the dead. I thought Arrow had sorted the useless warehouse service and late shipments but they seemed to have fallen into bad habits. Another day and City is getting reported as lost in the post.....

Old 2nd May 2017, 09:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As someone with autism, patience is not a strong point of mine.

Points or no points i rarely use arrow anymore, loyal customers with them since 2009 who have their money taken immediately,deserve their item AT LEAST a week before release date not up to 3 weeks AFTER.

I place all my orders with hmv now for arrow,sometimes it gets shipped BEFORE release date.

Not sure why arrow stopped getting their items out early over 2 years ago, but they should be ashamed. Their releases are often amazing but not their shipping policys.

The VERY least they can do is not charge in advance.
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
As someone with autism, patience is not a strong point of mine.

Points or no points i rarely use arrow anymore, loyal customers with them since 2009 who have their money taken immediately,deserve their item AT LEAST a week before release date not up to 3 weeks AFTER.

I place all my orders with hmv now for arrow,sometimes it gets shipped BEFORE release date.

Not sure why arrow stopped getting their items out early over 2 years ago, but they should be ashamed. Their releases are often amazing but not their shipping policys.

The VERY least they can do is not charge in advance.
i'm sort of glad i have limited opportunity to watch my movies. this has led to me having over a hundred discs on my 'to watch' list. the benefit of this is i couldn't give a stuff about Phantasm or anything else arriving late. it could arrive next year for all i care because that's about the time i'll be watching it

Old 2nd May 2017, 12:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i'm sort of glad i have limited opportunity to watch my movies. this has led to me having over a hundred discs on my 'to watch' list. the benefit of this is i couldn't give a stuff about Phantasm or anything else arriving late. it could arrive next year for all i care because that's about the time i'll be watching it

I'm the same in many ways. I rarely watch anything the day of release and have quite the backlog of discs to get through so am not really fussed whether anything I have on pre-order arrives later than scheduled.

I can certainly see how it would annoy people though, especially when you've paid upfront for something that you could have walked into a HMV store on the day of release and picked up at no extra cost.
Old 2nd May 2017, 01:11 PM
Cult Veteran

I have a huge backlog of films to watch but sometimes you do get excited for something coming out and it can be an anticlimax if you've ordered it online and doesn't even get shipped. It's not just Arrow though, I ordered Fright Night from Amazon 2-3 months ago and they didn't dispatch it until Wednesday after release, and that's with a 4 year prime membership!

I prefer to go to HMV these days but when they only get a couple of copies they're usually gone by 6pm when I get there on release day.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd May 2017, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm the same in many ways. I rarely watch anything the day of release and have quite the backlog of discs to get through so am not really fussed whether anything I have on pre-order arrives later than scheduled.

I can certainly see how it would annoy people though, especially when you've paid upfront for something that you could have walked into a HMV store on the day of release and picked up at no extra cost.
i can certainly see that. with arrow too, it has happened more than once with a major release and they do need to improve that aspect of the business.

also i sympathise with Gold being autistic. my son is too, so i know how that goes.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:41 PM
Cult Master

"***STORMY MONDAY US RELEASE UPDATE***

We regret to inform you all that due to some sudden rights complications we’ve had to pull our upcoming release of Stormy Monday from pre-order in the States.

We can only apologise for any disappointment this may cause and all pre-orders will of course be refunded until this situation is resolved.

Please note that the UK release is unaffected."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!