Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2017, 10:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Ok so The Thing is "currently unavailable" on amazon. Will this mean it will deff sell out, I mean based on the burning steelbook going so fast. Some good announcements, blood feast, thing & romero set for me.
Apparently the Amazon thing is a cock up.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Ok so The Thing is "currently unavailable" on amazon. Will this mean it will deff sell out, I mean based on the burning steelbook going so fast. Some good announcements, blood feast, thing & romero set for me.
I clicked on the Report Incorrect Product Information button and sent them a message. I had also clicked on the "email me when it becomes available" button and within a few minutes it emailed me to say it was available and I made an order. I had bought the steelbook version earlier. Do people think it's a sell out? I STILL can't get on the Arrow website. It went down within minutes of the announcement. Gutted about the Zavvi release. Even when you search for The Thing nothing comes up. I did this at the time and now I've missed out on their unusually reasonable prices. I eventually found it under an 'Arrow Video' search only to find both were sold out. Ho hum!
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default releases

been a bit of a cock up on the release front , managed to get thing steelie from zavvi. No interest in the Romero boxset all of them dull. Had a good laugh at the whingers on the arrow fb page. They make us lot seem reasonable
Old 14th July 2017, 11:29 PM
Cult Rookie

What did they have to say?

I must say the last few Friday announcements from Arrow have left me feeling quite underwhelmed. To be honest I was expecting more from them for October given it is Halloween month. I'm happy with the Thing but it should have had an amaray box in it like Pieces and House.

I love the steelbook for the Thing. Simple but really effective original artwork. And the artwork on the LE box is pretty special. I haven't heard of the other films they've released. I'm personally looking forward to Psycho II and the Ghoul. The Ghoul got a very limited release in cinemas and I was lucky to see it. It's very similar to Kill List in ways - very dark and has potential for many repeated viewings a bit like the Shining.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

not sure Zavvi that much of a bargain. The arrow shop had the digipack at 17.99 before it went down. i know because i had it in my basket and was trying to checkout when the site nosedived.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th July 2017, 12:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Pre-ordered The Thing boxset from Amazon earlier this afternoon whilst it was still available. Feeling a bit foolish now as the initial Amazon price was 30 pounds and that price is way out of step with what both Arrow and Zavvi are charging. Hopefully the Amazon price will significantly drop!!
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th July 2017, 12:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Can anyone get on the Arrow site yet?

At £17.99 I'd cancel the Amazon order if I could get that.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th July 2017, 05:01 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The TENANT View Post
I must say the last few Friday announcements from Arrow have left me feeling quite underwhelmed. To be honest I was expecting more from them for October given it is Halloween month. I'm happy with the Thing but it should have had an amaray box in it like Pieces and House
a) This is Arrow and b) it'll be the big Christmas release!

The announcement was made in mid-July for release in October so, going by previous form and experience, come mid-September, we will get the announcement: "We are really sorry, but...yada-yada-yada...one or two minor problems...yada-yada-yada...best release this films has EVER had...yada-yada-yada...release has been put back until the second week in December, but we know you will be happy with the extra mile we have gone for you"

You mark my words

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th July 2017, 06:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I think I ordered The Thing LE direct from Arrow last night. I certainly paid for it anyway haha, and I used some points so it came in at £12 inc 1st class postage upgrade. I've had no email response but did have a PayPal receipt so I'm sure it's fine. I think I'll keep the Steelbook order from Amazon as well.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th July 2017, 07:39 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I think I ordered The Thing LE direct from Arrow last night. I certainly paid for it anyway haha, and I used some points so it came in at £12 inc 1st class postage upgrade. I've had no email response but did have a PayPal receipt so I'm sure it's fine. I think I'll keep the Steelbook order from Amazon as well.
How'd you manage that? I still can't the website up.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!