Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2018, 12:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

More than happy with that line up. The Case Of The Scorpion's Tail and Doom Asylum especially. Those will be day one. I think I've read about The Endless too, I'm into cult things at the moment, Wiley Cash's A Land More Kind Than Home has me on a bit of a kick. Believe it or not, I've never seen The Boondock Saints or that Navigator film. Two potential sale pick ups, unless something changes my mind.
Old 27th April 2018, 12:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have the NoShame DVD and remember really liking the film when I last saw it, though that was a while ago, so upgrading to a bells and whistles Blu-ray release is a distinct possibility.
The HD upgrade probably but it's hardly a bells and whistles release going off the Amazon spec.

The dvd has a booklet and several video interviews. NoShame were always good for extras.
Old 27th April 2018, 12:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Case of The Scorpion's Tail, is a great giallo. Looking forward to finally upgrading my old NoShame dvd.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 12:16 PM
Cult Addict

I saw The Navigator on TV years ago and although i can't remember that much, i remember really liking it at the time.
Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 27th April 2018, 12:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Navigator. That's nice. Scorpion's Tail nicer

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th April 2018, 12:46 PM
Cult Veteran

The guys on blu-ray.com said it'd be The Navigator since they announced Vigil by the same director last month, seems like they were right on the money

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th April 2018, 12:49 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And if the Amazon listing is correct, The Boondock Saints loses the theatrical version and doesn’t have the 30 minute documentary from the US “Truth & Justice Edition”.
Old 27th April 2018, 01:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Arrows announcement fizzles out as per usual.

People will want Scorpions Tail but the rest will be met with the usual levels of antipathy.
I'd suggest they give The Navigator a fair hearing first - it's one of the strongest films to come out from New Zealand, and led directly to Vincent Ward being the original choice to helm Alien 3.

I've only seen it the once, on its original UK release a gazillion years ago, but I remember it more vividly than quite a few films that I watched this past month.

I'm actually quite surprised it hasn't had the Hollywood remake treatment, as the core idea is exactly the kind of high-concept gimmick that major studios usually salivate over.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 01:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
I'd suggest they give The Navigator a fair hearing first - it's one of the strongest films to come out from New Zealand, and led directly to Vincent Ward being the original choice to helm Alien 3.

I've only seen it the once, on its original UK release a gazillion years ago, but I remember it more vividly than quite a few films that I watched this past month.

I'm actually quite surprised it hasn't had the Hollywood remake treatment, as the core idea is exactly the kind of high-concept gimmick that major studios usually salivate over.
It does sound interesting actually.

By fizzling out i actually meant Amazon having listings up before the actual announcement.
Old 27th April 2018, 01:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
By fizzling out i actually meant Amazon having listings up before the actual announcement.
With Indicator announcements, we prep everything a day in advance and then take turns to constantly refresh the Amazon listings. As soon as anything appears prematurely, the official announcements go live within seconds.

(Although over the last few months these precautions have been unnecessary - Amazon is a bit of a law unto itself.)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!