Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2018, 04:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I suppose the first thing is to politely email them and see how they respond.
Yep.

Someone isn't happy about how they just copied everyones email adresses, and just sent one mass email to about 70+ people, who this happened to.

"One thing I would suggest is not sending emails out the way you have, you have copied everyones email address in including mine and now everyone you have emailed have my email details which is in breach of GDPR. I don't want my email being sent to anyone I don't want to and I can only assume that everyone else on the list don't want their details sent out to random people either. Everyone has been copied into this and they can let you know if they are happy or not for you to to do this."

Edit:
Interesting, that it took them 2 months, before they gave us all the info about failed payment...
Their store truly sucks.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd October 2018, 04:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Yep.

Someone isn't happy about how they just copied everyones email adresses, and just sent one mass email to about 70+ people, who this happened to.

"One thing I would suggest is not sending emails out the way you have, you have copied everyones email address in including mine and now everyone you have emailed have my email details which is in breach of GDPR. I don't want my email being sent to anyone I don't want to and I can only assume that everyone else on the list don't want their details sent out to random people either. Everyone has been copied into this and they can let you know if they are happy or not for you to to do this."

Edit:
Interesting, that it took them 2 months, before they gave us all the info about failed payment...
Their store truly sucks.
Wow! That's really poor practice.
Steel76 and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Terrible.
Fortunately I wasn't one of them and it's now shipped.
Steel76 and keirarts like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Terrible.
Fortunately I wasn't one of them and it's now shipped.
i ordered Candyman at the same time. i bet i have to wait until that's released before i get my CotLD
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I just got this mail from Arrow.

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately payment details on some pre-orders for CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY and THE EARLY FILMS OF OLIVIER ASSAYAS BLU-RAY have failed including yours. Please log in to your account at https://arrowfilms.com/ and update the payment details on your order as soon as possible otherwise your order may time out and cancel. Thank you for your understanding and custom, once updated your order should be marked as either ‘Awaiting Release’ or ‘Awaiting Dispatch’. Apologies for the inconvenience and if you’ve already received an automatic email on this subject, we just wanted to 100% make sure that customers were notified to avoid missing out.

Kind regards,

Anthony Newcomb

Customer Service Supervisor

I can't find anywhere to update my payment info. And there's no info about my City of the Living Dead order in the order history. So I guess they ****ing ripped me off!!
I noticed the payment failed on mine yesterday morning and sent them an email asking why I wasn’t notified and if it would still ship once I fixed it. They said it would. This has happened to other people as well from what I’ve read, so glad to hear people are receiving notification now
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 4th October 2018, 06:33 AM
Cult Addict

My City of the living dead has also shipped. I'll be at Grimmfest in Manchester until monday so a nice treat for me when I get home (providing the new postman doesn't deliver to my neighbours for the umpteenth time). I used points on it and didn't spend a penny so no 'problems with payment'.
That said Arrows store has gone way down hill and items don't arrive early anymore so now I'm using HMV for my orders instead.
Old 4th October 2018, 12:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Really pleased to find out that Arrow's limited edition Candyman is now 2 x blu-ray set. The additional bd has the uncut psychiatrist murder inserted into the film (from an old UK 35mm print) and an additional half hour interview with Clive Barker.
Old 4th October 2018, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Really pleased to find out that Arrow's limited edition Candyman is now 2 x blu-ray set. The additional bd has the uncut psychiatrist murder inserted into the film (from an old UK 35mm print) and an additional half hour interview with Clive Barker.
i wonder why not seamless branching? my guess would be soundtrack problems.

it's really annoying that when filmakers are required to make censor cuts they don't keep the cuts safe and in good nick. its not like they didn't know in 1992 that the movie would have a life after its theatrical release i hope Bernard Rose doesn't complain that his artistic integrity was compromised when he couldn't be arsed to ensure good elements were retained. rant over

any word on what the quality dip is like given they are using an old print?
Old 4th October 2018, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran

Hopefully it's a decent source, I believe it was an archive copy from the Bradford Film Museum, but it's likely to be a 35mm projection copy isn't it, rather than a negative.
SymbioticFunction likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th October 2018, 05:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
iit's really annoying that when filmakers are required to make censor cuts they don't keep the cuts safe and in good nick. its not like they didn't know in 1992 that the movie would have a life after its theatrical release i hope Bernard Rose doesn't complain that his artistic integrity was compromised when he couldn't be arsed to ensure good elements were retained. rant over
Why would it be his responsibility, since he wasn't the producer or financier of the film?

Unfortunately, not only would this not have been down to him, but filmmakers are often under the deeply mistaken impression that all offcuts are being carefully preserved for posterity - something that Peter Mullan fell foul of when he was putting together the DVD extras for Orphans (whose commentary opens with a glorious "Welcome to the world of DVD, ya sad anorak bastards"). Like most first-time directors, he shot a fair bit more than he needed, and had to jettison what was apparently some great material for the sake of pacing the final cut - but he reassured himself that he would at least be able to do something with it on the DVD so all that effort wouldn't go to waste.

You can probably guess the punchline.

Put it like this, the most menacing line I've ever heard Mullan utter in any context is "To say I'm unhappy about this is an understatement" - which is on the commentary immediately after he talks about his discovery that all the offcuts had been junked by FilmFour.

Like this? Share it using the links below!